• Lawrenceville, GA
Votes |
Need help with a contract

Shaeida M.
  • Homeowner
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Posted Sep 26 2014, 10:02

Hello BP family!

I'm a newbie and I don't own a company. However, I want to broker a deal. Party A is looking for a 25,000 sq ft property to place his gym/ wellness center. Party B has a commercial property that would be great.  I took party A to the location and he's ready to place an offer. I spoke with Party B and he said he will pay me a finders fee if the deal goes through. What type of contract should I provide to ensure I receive the finders fee and the deal is not processed without my knowledge? Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Mark Creason
  • Real Estate Lender and Broker
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Lender and Broker
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Sep 26 2014, 12:14

Shaeida,

Are you a licensed active agent or broker?  If you are attempting to collect a fee for providing a real estate service without a license, you could end up with a significant number of problems.

Mark

User Stats

Votes
Shaeida M.
  • Homeowner
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Replied Sep 26 2014, 13:56

@Mark Creason   Thanks for replying.  For more understanding, how would my business transactions be different from a wholesaler or a person who finds real estate referrals for brokers. None of the above requires a license in order to collect a fee. The last thing I want is to engage in illegal business through lack of knowledge.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Sep 26 2014, 14:02

If you bought the property, then resold it, you wouldn't need a license.  For facilitating a lease for a fee, you need a license.

User Stats

Votes
Shaeida M.
  • Homeowner
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Replied Sep 26 2014, 18:15

@Wayne Brooks, thanks for breaking it down.