BiggerPockets

BiggerPockets PRO Suggestions

Forum Powered By:

12 posts by 8 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Joshua Dorkin Verified Donor

BiggerPockets Founder from Denver, Colorado

Aug 28 '09, 05:36 AM
1 vote

We want your feedback about what additional features you'd like to see in our BiggerPockets PRO accounts.

We're working on a few things for the future, but we want to know what YOU would get excited about.

Thanks!
Josh :cool:

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:31

Medium_bp-squareJoshua Dorkin, BiggerPockets
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 877-831-4704
Get your logo in your signature too! Upgrade to PRO Today at http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Aug 28 '09, 06:05 AM

I don't know if this will work or not but why not have a secret or a special forum designed for PRO account users to make deals,discuss things,etc.

And only PRO account members will have access to this forum.

Rich Weese Donor

Real Estate Investor from sioux falls, South Dakota

Aug 28 '09, 06:21 AM

Hate to be a contrarian here,,,,,but. I looked through the list of benefits when pro came out and didn't see any of the benefits that would change what I do on BP. I'm not pumping a business, I accept colleagues as they apply and never have more than 25 at a time. I'm almost at 200 requests, but I seriously don't know the benefits other than to PM them. If they have their e-mail in their post, I don't even need to PM them
If you think I'm missing something, please reply on here for everyone. I'm sure there are others that question why also. What are the changes? Maybe that will make a difference.
It is not the monthly fee, just I don't see the value to me. I've also questioned pro members and their replies have been mixed as to benefits. I think you need to add some changes to keep who are already members and add new ones, since that is the purpose.
Am I missing something? Rich with the new avatar.

Aug 28 '09, 07:25 AM

James - Thanks for the suggestion. What do you see the forum's focus being?

Rich - This topic wasn't designed to be a critique of the current PRO accounts. I'm looking for IDEAS as to how to improve the accounts as they currently exist.

Originally posted by Rich Weese:
I think you need to add some changes to keep who are already members and add new ones, since that is the purpose.

Rich - Please read the original post:

Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
We want your feedback about what additional features you'd like to see in our BiggerPockets PRO accounts.

We're working on a few things for the future, but we want to know what YOU would get excited about.

So . . . I'll ask everyone again:

What features would YOU like to see added to the PRO account?

As for the features that currently exist on the Upgraded accounts, here's a summary of How a BiggerPockets PRO Account Can Explode Your Real Estate Marketing

Get your logo in your signature too! Upgrade to PRO Today at http://www.biggerpockets.com/pro

Rich Weese Donor

Real Estate Investor from sioux falls, South Dakota

Aug 28 '09, 07:44 AM

Josh- Didn't mean it as a critique of the pro program. Sorry. I did re-read your post and also the benefits again.

I also re-read the original purpose for which pro was started;

"In an effort to better serve our most active members and those who have come to rely on BiggerPockets for marketing both themselves and their businesses, we've launched BiggerPockets Pro!"
When I read that , I think the benefits of pro do exactly that. I guess what I'm saying, is not all the 37K members are trying to market themselves and their businesses. With that in mind, here are my suggestions.
1. Have some pluses or perks for those that just come for information.
2. Maybe integrate some ideas or guidlines for education, step by step.
I think the active members market is pretty well taken care of as evidenced by the posts and activity of those. BP is a great site. The programs and members make it that.
It does seem like the attrition rate is high of the newbies that come and go. That is why I feel some education , step by step or perks for the newbies staying around long enuff to feel the vision of BP would be helpful. I try to make my posts and blogs oriented toward the education end of things. Maybe that is why I suggested these items.
Again, didn't intend to be critical. I'm not a pro member and don't have the experience to speak on it. Just mentioning things that I think would help the attrition rate improve. Great site. I only understand about 5% of it but certainly enjoy the parts I use. Have a great weekend. Rich

Jim Johnson

Real Estate Investor from Denver, Colorado

Aug 28 '09, 11:32 AM

Thanks!
Josh :cool:

Josh,
How about a small, templated web site that is attached tot he BP dot com site. A couple of pages we can use to pump what we do, list our properties, have a blog, let people search our posts, maybe it tracks our 20 most recent posts, it might have a wall... like face book does allowing others to post on our wall, and we can reply.
Anyone that sells products, can post them in their 'web site' and it will link to the BP store, letting the products sell through your system. It smaller, personalized sites within the community. You might look into how to keyword the personal sites so they search well with Google, yahoo etc...

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:32 by Jim Johnson

James Hiddle

Wholesaler from Altus, Oklahoma

Aug 28 '09, 04:08 PM

James - Thanks for the suggestion. What do you see the forum's focus being?

Rich - This topic wasn't designed to be a critique of the current PRO accounts. I'm looking for IDEAS as to how to improve the accounts as they currently exist.

Originally posted by Rich Weese:
I think you need to add some changes to keep who are already members and add new ones, since that is the purpose.

Rich - Please read the original post:

So . . . I'll ask everyone again:

What features would YOU like to see added to the PRO account?

As for the features that currently exist on the Upgraded accounts, here's a summary of How a BiggerPockets PRO Account Can Explode Your Real Estate Marketing

Well it could be used for private discussions,private deal making and even post special people that you don't want anyone else to know about like personal private lenders,buyers,etc.

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:32

Chris Chung

Real Estate Investor from Denver, Colorado

Aug 29 '09, 02:20 PM

I',m thinking lifting the cap on the number of colleague requests you can have out at any given time.

Aug 29 '09, 02:44 PM

The cap is much higher for PRO accounts, Chris.

Sean Schellenger

Real Estate Investor from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Sep 05 '09, 06:06 AM

Whats up guys? First off, I am new to this site and I absolutly love the idea and what iv seen so far. While I am still learning how to get the most out of the site and havent even herd of a pro account until now, I agree that it would be nice to have a way to only deal with people who are already in the know and can discuss topics on a higher level of sophistication... more importantly, discuss business opportunities with people who are actually capable of doing business. Its great that people can get on here and educate themselves; however, many of us have spent years educating ourselves and are looking for people to make money with.

Regardless, the site is awsome and I look forward to helping it become even better!

Sean

Edited Jun 26 2010, 09:37

Ted Harris

Real Estate Investor from Portland, Oregon

Sep 05 '09, 08:12 AM

Sounds like some folks have suggested a private forum for dealmaking as a benefit to upgrading to a PRO account .... I think the beauty of BP is being able to read all the forums/discussions for free which expedites the learning curve for all readers at every level of investing so offering something like this would take away from that. I fear some of the best posts from our most veteran cast would end up being shielded from those who most need it (including me). :mrgreen:

Tod R.

Real Estate Investor from Southlake, Texas

Sep 05 '09, 08:27 AM

What attracted me to this site is the amount of info that was easily available. What has kept me here is the frank and honest answers without any sales pitch I, or anyone else, get when a question is asked, not to mention the friendly banter back and forth. Now, what would induce me to be a Pro member? Probably access to more organized educational oriented material. Maybe, video interviews of certain members discussing a successful deal?

While I don't anticipate going Pro anytime soon, I do plan on making a Donation to the site as soon as I can close on a potential deal next month (I know, you'll believe it when you see it). I've recieved a lot of useful information on this site and will be glad to give a little back, kind of like public television...

Tod R., Thompson Realty Corporation
Telephone: 817-781-1942
[email protected] http://www.thompson-realty.com

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums