Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kyrin Veritas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
**Calling the MOST resourceful REI minds to help me outsmart this challenge before it's too late!!**

Kyrin Veritas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted

I've noticed that Bigger Pockets has some of the most brilliant REI minds contained within its depths & I would be so grateful if y'all would lend me your wisdom.

Here's the deal. I am committed to earn $15,000 by the end of April. Unfortunately, it took WAAAY longer than expected for me to recover from surgery. My original plan was to do it through traditional wholesaling. I am down to the wire, so I have limited time to do my usual marketing to find deals. I DO however have a decent list of accredited investors begging me for properties. I also have several wholesalers with properties under contract who are open to splitting profit with me if I bring them legit buyers.

Question is: Do you think that is my best option to achieve my goal of $15k by April's end? I am time rich right now and a bulldog when I've set my mind to something, so I will bust my *** to make this happen without hesitation. 

Your thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Rob Beland
  • Investor
  • Leominster, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Leominster, MA
Replied

If you have somebody that you have spoken with that is looking to purchase a property and you have a wholesaler that you have spoken with that will split his profit with you if you bring him a buyer you should be on the phone with both and put a deal together. Unfortunately it's April 17th so the more time you spend on BP looking for advice the less time you have to put a deal together.  Just an FYI, you are going to meet lots of people throughout your career that are "begging for properties" until you actually bring them the deal and they pick it apart and come up with every reason why it won't work for them. I would say speak with each of your buyers and bring them all the deals you can by the end of the day. Give them the weekend to go over them and hope to put a contract together on Monday. 

User Stats

Votes
Kyrin Veritas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied

Hi Rob!  I appreciate your taking time to share.  :-)

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Micah Copeland
  • Wholesaler
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Nashville, TN
Replied

@Kyrin Veritas

I hate to say there isn't a way to do it but jeez thats going to be a tough one. Most people say REI isn't a get rich quick scheme, I think those people never tried wholesaling (:

But..... in that short period of time with no marketing on the streets already it seems almost impossible. It seems like you came to the table with a decent strategy for it.. Maybe you can stalk craigslist 24/7 and see if you can find some deals for your buyers on there as well. Cold calling anything you can find will be your best bet for fast results.

User Stats

Votes
Blair Poelman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Provo, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Provo, UT
Replied

If I were you, I'd print up detail sheets on every wholesale deal I have under contract, get on my harley and go track down every single buyer that's "committed".  Put the deals in front of them and then crank my salesmanship up to 11.  You only have 9 week days left in the month, and it's spring break season, so you may have some outta-towners.   

EIther way, giddy-up.

User Stats

Votes
Kyrin Veritas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied
Originally posted by @Micah Copeland:

@Kyrin Veritas

I hate to say there isn't a way to do it but jeez thats going to be a tough one. Most people say REI isn't a get rich quick scheme, I think those people never tried wholesaling (:

But..... in that short period of time with no marketing on the streets already it seems almost impossible. It seems like you came to the table with a decent strategy for it.. Maybe you can stalk craigslist 24/7 and see if you can find some deals for your buyers on there as well. Cold calling anything you can find will be your best bet for fast results.

Thanks, Sugar.  I'm thinking about sweet-talking Code Enforcement out of a vacant list or picking up a list of properties that are delinquent in taxes. May check probate as well. Wish me luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Kyrin Veritas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied
Originally posted by @Blair Poelman:

If I were you, I'd print up detail sheets on every wholesale deal I have under contract, get on my harley and go track down every single buyer that's "committed".  Put the deals in front of them and then crank my salesmanship up to 11.  You only have 9 week days left in the month, and it's spring break season, so you may have some outta-towners.   

EIther way, giddy-up.

Excellent idea!  I don't have my harley yet, but my honda will do the job for now. lol  Let's see what I come up with.  :-)

User Stats

Votes
Blair Poelman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Provo, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Provo, UT
Replied

@Kyrin Veritas okay, I guess the honda will work, but statistics show that riding choppers makes people, especially Real Estate people waaaaay more successful. (those same statistics proved to be approximately 80% made up with at least 20% margin of error)

User Stats

Votes
Kyrin Veritas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied

Agreed!  I read that online and you KNOW if it's on the internet, it's guaranteed to be true all of the times sometimes.    ,-)