Need to find original seller!

Need to find original seller!

Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2009 · 118 posts · 76 votes

I have a fix and flip closing on Friday this week. The original seller carried an interest free note of $12k until I resold. The phone number I have for her is no longer good and her e-mail bounced. Despite everything already in writing, the Title company wants her to write another statement detailing that she is owned $12k for her interest free loan. However, I can't seem to find this person. Any advice?

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Coach · Highland, IN · Member since 2009 · 151 posts · 77 votes
16y

Tom

I had something similar once, we hired a private dective locally who found them for about 70 bucks. Took them about 3 hours.

They have access to databases that we don't, for example, utility company databases, phone company db, cell phone db...

of course the more info you have, the better.

Tony

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    16y

    Neighbors may have been friends who kept in touch. Tell them if they know how to reach that seller, that there is money due to that seller and that the seller should call you to get it.

  • General Contractor · shawnee, OK · Member since 2010 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Steve Babiak:
    Neighbors may have been friends who kept in touch. Tell them if they know how to reach that seller, that there is money due to that seller and that the seller should call you to get it.

    Try doing a people search on the internet or background search sometimes they come back with relatives before you have to pay for the record.I used to skip trace for clients and I did this all the time it seemed to work pretty good try Intellius.Hope this helps

  • Southlake, TX · Member since 2010 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    16y

    there are companies out there that will run an ownership report on an individual, I would try finding one of them and going from there. good luck, email if you need anymore advice.

  • Real Estate Coach · Highland, IN · Member since 2009 · 151 posts · 77 votes
    16y

    Tom

    I had something similar once, we hired a private dective locally who found them for about 70 bucks. Took them about 3 hours.

    They have access to databases that we don't, for example, utility company databases, phone company db, cell phone db...

    of course the more info you have, the better.

    Tony

  • Member since 2010 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    Yes I guess it would be better to hire someone to do the searching someone knowledgeable enough about tis,

    [SPAM LINK REMOVED]

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.