• San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Insight on Kansas City, MO Multifamily Market

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Aug 12 2018, 11:57

Hi,

After a few months of analysis paralysis I've finally narrowed down KCMO as a market of interest. I would be investing out-of-state though I plan to spend a few weeks there looking at properties and learning the area if everything pans out. I'd love to know if anyone from the area has any recommendations for wholesalers or investment agents or just any insight on the market they'd be willing to share. 

User Stats

Votes
Matt K.
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Replied Aug 12 2018, 12:37

Everyone is going after duplexs and the like.... the smaller deals typically get picked up pretty quick. The bigger portfolios will sit for little longer and have less competition. Tri/Quads aren't as common every once and while they'll come up but it's pretty slim picking for ones not in bad areas....

I have an agent referral if you want it...

User Stats

Votes
Dan Krupa
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Aug 12 2018, 17:48

@Account Closed , careful. LOL. Check with other investors. Verify any recommendations you get on here. ;-)

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.
Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Aug 13 2018, 04:21

@Account Closed Kansas City is a great market.  It's my hometown so I am biased, however, I have watched the population, job market and city as a whole grow so much over the past 5-7 years.  The multi families are few and far between, a lot of new construction apartments have started as well.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Titus
Pro Member
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Aug 17 2018, 03:22
@Keli Landowski Congrats on selecting the KCMO area, it’s definitely a hot market and things that do make it to the MLS don’t last. Duplexes sell exceptionally quick and most times off market. I’ve bought 4 in the last 13 months and contracted for 2 more to close in January...all off market. Find a good realtor or broker that can help you find pocket listings. Good luck!!