• Detroit, MI
Votes |
Down Payment

Jonathan Plair
  • Detroit, MI
Posted Apr 27 2014, 12:41

Hello,

Hope all is well with everyone

I'm fairly new to BP, so I may have postednthis in the wrong place...if I did please forgive me...Here is my question

If I believe that I have a deal...and I have acess to hard money or a private money lender but I don't have cash or a credit line for a diwn payment, or closing cost...what do you all recomend I should do?Hello,

Hope all is well with everyone

I'm fairly new to BP, so I may have posted this in the wrong place...If I did please forgive me...here is my question

If I believe that I have a deal...and I have access to hard money or a private money lender but I don't have cash or a credit line for a down payment, or closing cost...what should I do?

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Thibodeau
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Replied Apr 30 2014, 16:48

Sounds like a 100% finance deal, and for someone who is new, I don't recommend it. Keep saving your money, and you will find another deal.

User Stats

Votes
Chan K.
  • Lowell, MA
Votes |
  • Lowell, MA
Replied Apr 30 2014, 17:48

@Jonathan Plair Need more information, is this a flip or buy/hold.

If it is a buy/hold, you won't be able to find any lender that will lend you 100%. Getting money from HML is suicidal at 12%. You might consider a partner if you have good credit. They put the down payment and you put in the credit.

If you are flipping, you can utilize HML, but you need reserve or income to sustain the holding cost.

Good Luck!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Plair
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
  • Detroit, MI
Replied Apr 30 2014, 19:12

@ Chan Khim...This is a flip...When u say holding costs...are u referring to closing costs?