Votes
Roddie Weddle
  • Rockford, IL
Votes |
Investor dealing with a wholesaler

Roddie Weddle
  • Rockford, IL
Posted Apr 23 2013, 02:40

Why would an investor deal with a wholesaler when they can go find their own leads (potential deals) ? Again appreciate if any one will get back to me with information or video's in reference to my question thank you very much.

User Stats

Votes
Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Apr 23 2013, 03:57

Investors deal with just about anyone who has knowledge of a good deal. Not sure what your question is, why or how or when investors consider a property. :)

User Stats

Votes
Louis Vargas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Niagara Falls, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Niagara Falls, NY
Replied Apr 23 2013, 03:58

Roddie Weddle, are you talking about why a rehaber would buy from a wholesaler? If so, check out http://www.dealmakerlibrary.com/why-do-rehabbers-buy-from-wholesalers.aspx but it just comes down to time. Maybe the rehaber doesn't have the time to beat around the bush looking for the deals.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Paul Crowson
  • Investor
  • Conroe, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Conroe, TX
Replied Apr 23 2013, 08:02

@Roddie Weddle I buy from reputable and proven wholesalers in Houston, because of the time it takes to find investor friendly properties, that is a job itself, being a wholesaler, just my opinion and my experiences....

User Stats

Votes
Deborah Burian
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Apr 23 2013, 08:08

As a buyer I'm happy look at the wholesalers' deals in our market. Maybe one day there will be one in the area I'm looking at and for the right price all at the same time.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick L.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Replied Apr 23 2013, 08:10

I'd deal with a wholesaler if they can provide a great deal on an off market property. Around here most of the "wholesalers" are trying to flip MLS listed properties which I don't see how any investor is going to pay a premium above what it was already listed for. I had one wholesaler yesterday send me a property that I actually had a short sale contract on and I let go because the bank's counter to my offer was too high. The "wholesaler" bought and closed on it at that price that I turned down and was asking 50% more even though it had over 200 days on the market at a price way below what he was asking for it. Other times you'll find wholesalers who have locked up a deal with an individual home owner that never put the house on the market where there's enough margin for everybody to make money. It just depends on how good the wholesaler is and how hard they work. I always tell them to send me their deals because I might be interested.....I generally find my own deals though.

User Stats

Votes
Ben Hughes
  • Investor
  • Cypress, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cypress, TX
Replied Apr 23 2013, 08:18

Yeah, if you can find your own deals you would not need to deal with a wholesaler. It's really all about your goals. Me personally, I don't have time to find those deeply discounted deals so working with a wholesaler is a great options for me. If you have the time and knowledge then go for it and do it on your own.