• Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Private Lending (how did you find them)

Quentin Mitchell
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Nov 11 2019, 10:03

I was just wondering, what were some of the ways that you were able to find a good private lender or even a good hard money lender to fund your deals. 

What did you find was the best resource to scale your business not only the fastest but the best?

User Stats

Votes
Tom S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Replied Nov 11 2019, 12:11

@Quentin Mitchell  Friends and family are your true private lenders, so reaching out to my network was the way I got started.

That said, I still use bank loans for most of my funding. 4% fixed for 30 years are terms you're not going to get from private lenders, and definitely not HML.

User Stats

Votes
Quentin Mitchell
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Nov 11 2019, 17:57
Originally posted by @Tom S.:

@Quentin Mitchell  Friends and family are your true private lenders, so reaching out to my network was the way I got started.

That said, I still use bank loans for most of my funding. 4% fixed for 30 years are terms you're not going to get from private lenders, and definitely not HML.

I hear you but I was just checking if people had any creative ways may be that I haven't taught of.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Weaver
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 12 2019, 08:04

Self directed IRA's. Pretty much anyone who has been employed for a while, and switched employers now has control over their 401k. They have the potential to have funds that can be moved to a SDIRA where it can then be used to invest in real estate.