J. Martin
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Mar 5 2014, 22:10
This event is brought to you by:

93 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

It's time for the next monthly meetup in the EastBay! Come one, come all! Join us to meet with some great people, talk about all aspects of real estate investing, and make some local connections in the Bay. For those who are coming, please introduce yourself on the forum by copy and pasting the questions I filled out in the post below, then replace my answers with yours. This way, everyone has an idea of who we are and who they'd like to target when we meet up. Everyone will have a chance to introduce themselves in a circle there. I look forward to seeing you all.

What: EastBay Meetup - March Edition
When: Thursday, March 20, 2014
Where: Lake Chalet Seafood Bar & Grill
1520 Lakeside Dr, Oakland, CA 94612 (between 17th St & Oak St)

This is a beautiful location on the waters of LakeMerritt, with lots of tasty drinks/beers, and food available. We have a reservation for an enclosed section with a private side of the bar where we can hear each other talk, that worked well for the last meetup.

Get There: Take BART to 12th St/Civic Center Oakland Station & walk south-east down 14th St towards Lake Merritt. Make a left on Lakeside Dr, and the restaurant is on the Lake on your right hand side. It’s about a 10min +/- brisk walk.

Parking:
There is a free, on-site parking lot, which should have open spots. There is also valet parking for $6.50, and street parking, as available.

Food and drink: There are drinks available, appetizers, and a menu. You are responsible for the cost of your own food and drink, if you choose to have any. There is no “minimum” or cost for the meetup beyond what you choose to spend.

This is the fourth consecutive monthly East Bay Meetup I've organized, and we've had a good group of about 25 people each time, rotating through, with great conversations/connections/tips and people. Everyone is welcome. There is no cost, except whatever you would like to spend on beer or food. BP officially has no hand in organizing this event, except for providing the forum for us to connect on. Please do not post blatant advertisements/solicitations on this forum to avoid violating any of the terms of the website or meetup posting rules. But introduce yourself if you’re coming, and looking forward to seeing you there!

- J Martin

Like last time, I'm going to post some keywords to alert those in the area who might be interested..

East Bay , East Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley

User Stats

Votes
Marc S.
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Mar 23 2014, 09:15
Originally posted by @Johnson H.:
@Amit M. - Thanks for getting on board with an SF meetup! However, I don't want to mess up a good thing, what @J. Martin is doing on a monthly basis with his East Bay meetup is awesome. I want him to keep doing what he's doing if he prefers that. I've known J for several years now so I will be getting in touch with him to talk about it and I'll keep you in the loop!

I'm also happy to help out with whatever you need to get an SF meet up going. Just let me know when and where you need help!

User Stats

Votes
Ken Lau
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
  • Oakland, CA
Replied Mar 23 2014, 10:44

@J. Martin That was a great turn out on Thursday. Thanks for getting it organized each month. I enjoyed speaking with quite a few people, but as you said, didn't get a chance to talk to you. You are in high demand at the meetup! See you at the next one.

@Johnson H. I'd also be interested in SF meetup.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Weissman
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Oakland, CA
Replied Mar 23 2014, 19:52

@J Martin May I email you a spreadsheet on that Fairfax 4plex? I'd love to hear your reaction.

User Stats

Votes
Johnson H.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Mar 26 2014, 20:17

For anyone interested, I've started a San Francisco Meetup on 4/10/14! Details here:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/122100-san-francisco-meetup---thursday-4-10-14

User Stats

Votes
Pete Tam
  • California
Votes |
  • California
Replied Mar 26 2014, 20:36

@Johnson H. Some reason this link doesnt work...

User Stats

Votes
Johnson H.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Mar 27 2014, 08:11

@Pete Tam Sorry pete, how about now?

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/122100-san-francisco-meetup---thursday-4-10-14

User Stats

Votes
Pete Tam
  • California
Votes |
  • California
Replied Mar 27 2014, 08:27

@Johnson H. working now..

User Stats

Votes
Chad Standish
  • Hard Money Lender
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Hard Money Lender
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Mar 27 2014, 12:05

@Johnson H.

@Johnson H.

@Johnson H.

Thank you so much for putting this together, it was a great opportunity to speak with investors.

Johnson,

I also enjoyed speaking with you and look forward to making it out to one of the San Francicso meet ups

User Stats

Votes
Tabitha K.
  • Reno, Nv
Votes |
  • Reno, Nv
Replied Apr 7 2014, 12:05

Is there a meetup for April scheduled?

User Stats

Votes
J. Martin
Pro Member
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oakland, CA
Replied Apr 14 2014, 23:31

@Chad Standish , glad you could make it out, and looking forward to hearing when you're going to start doing business out here on the left coast.. Let us know!

@Tabitha K. , I'm posting the next meetup below now..

User Stats

Votes
J. Martin
Pro Member
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oakland, CA
Replied Apr 14 2014, 23:34

ANNOUNCING APRIL EAST BAY MEETUP

What: East Bay Meetup - Special April Edition
When: Friday, April 25, 2014, 6:30PM
Where: Pacific Coast Brewing Company (back patio)
906 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607

w/ Special BP guests..

PLEASE RSVP ON THE FORUM AT THE LINK BELOW -
NOT ON THIS POSTING - THANK YOU!

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/124556-special-east-bay-meetup---fri-4-25-14-in-oakland?page=1#p818145

User Stats

Votes
Chad Standish
  • Hard Money Lender
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Hard Money Lender
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Apr 15 2014, 08:50

@J. Martin I hope that our company will expand out to the west coast soon. I will keep everyone on the forum posted. I wish I could make it to this meet up I hope that it is an enjoyable and educational for all involved. Best of luck!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Zweng
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied May 2 2014, 17:21

How do you guys recommend keeping updated as to when the next Meetup will be?

User Stats

Votes
Johnson H.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied May 2 2014, 19:22

@Ryan Zweng - saw your message too. @J. Martin hosts the East Bay Meetup in Oakland and I am hosting the San Francisco Meetup from June and onwards. You can leave J your email address and he will notify you of the next meetup!

User Stats

Votes
J. Martin
Pro Member
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Oakland, CA
Replied May 3 2014, 00:24

@Ryan Zweng , PM me your email address or send me a colleague request so I can update you on the meetups. There is also a link below for a big RE Investor Summit I'm planning for later this year in the Bay. Post your interest there, if so, rather than this old posting.. I invest in the East Bay. Welcome to the site Ryan! @Johnson H. , thanks for the shoutout!

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/126194-massive-re-investor-summit--sf-bay-area-oct-2014?page=1#p830027

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Zweng
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied May 4 2014, 09:44

Thanks you guys!

Sending info to J right now.

-Ryan

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Zweng
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied May 4 2014, 10:18

@J Martin my email is [email protected]

Tried PMing you, but received an "error message".

Thanks guys.