Votes
Mike Coyne
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Greenhorn from Boca Raton

Mike Coyne
  • Boca Raton, FL
Posted Apr 3 2014, 18:52

Hey everyone.! My name is Mike Coyne and I am looking to get starting in Real Estate Investing.

I live in Boca Raton, FL and work as a Estimator (the guy who prices construction costs) for a Structural Contractor building mostly luxury homes. I recently passed my FL GC exam and am currently applying to obtain my own license.

I am new to Real Estate and am looking to learn as much as I can.

My wife and I currently rent our home and would like to buy a dump on nice street, fix it up and live in it for a year or so, flip it or rent it.

Ideally, I'd love to meet some fellow local action-takers!

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Mondestin
  • Wholesaler
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Miami, FL
Replied Apr 16 2014, 16:13

Nice to meet you Mike. boca you say is a nice area. I will recommend starting by doing a self assessment to see if real estate is something for you. The answer better be yes. lol

Congratulation on you achievement... by the way

Basically you have three option buy low and sale high, buy and hold, or buy, fix,then flip wholesale or retail.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lemieux
  • Investor
  • Deerfield Beach Florida and Tupper Lake, N.Y.
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Deerfield Beach Florida and Tupper Lake, N.Y.
Replied Apr 17 2014, 08:36

Welcome @Mike Coyne. I'm just a couple towns over, in Boynton. Congrats on the GC exam! BP is a great place for knowledge, as well as making new connections. The Ultimate Beginner's Guide is a good place to start, and also all of the podcasts.

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Apr 17 2014, 09:17

Hey @Mike Coyne , welcome!

Sort of a similar track...I have a GC license(the course and test were a blast, right?) but do real estate, as an agent and investor/rehabber.

Feel free to PM me any time.