Votes
Mia Brewington
  • Greensboro, NC
Votes |
Profit from Wholesaling

Mia Brewington
  • Greensboro, NC
Posted Jan 12 2015, 09:40

Can anyone give me an example of what they made off their first wholesaling experience?  Just trying to get a feel of how it works being new.

User Stats

Votes
Sondra Mckibben
  • Investor
  • Beavercreek, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Beavercreek, OH
Replied Jan 12 2015, 09:57

Mia,

Just a few examples here for you on my experience.

I bought a duplex for 15k, 2/1 on both sides, rent is 450 per month per unit, and one unit was already rented and the other needed 5k in light rehab.  I rehabbed the vacant unit, got a tenant in place and sold to another investor as a hold property for 40K giving him gross rent of 900.00 = 20k wholesale fee

I picked up a 3/1 SFH for 21k rent ready and sold it within a month for 25k, (rents for 750.00 monthly) I could have sold for 29K, but got a quick buyer and decided to sell for 25K. made 4k on wholesale fee

I picked up a house for 22,500 and wholesaled it to a investor who rehabs properties and resells then to end buyer the ARV for that house is 90K I made 7,500 on that property.

I hope that helps!!!

Sondra

User Stats

Votes
Mia Brewington
  • Greensboro, NC
Votes |
  • Greensboro, NC
Replied Jan 12 2015, 11:30

Sondra this totally does! Did you invest your own money on your first one? Can you ever do an initial wholesale deal without investing your own monies?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Peter MacKercher
Property Manager
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Saint Louis, MO
Replied Jan 12 2015, 13:39

Welcome to Bigger Pockets Mia. I am in STL please let me know if you need anything. 

In the meantime here are 7 tips to help you grow your business using BP:

1. New to BP? http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

2. Develop your own business strategy. -- Don’t just be a “jack-of-all-trades" Even though I am.

3. Grow your business by developing your business plan. - Remember there is a difference between goals and a plan. http://www.biggerpockets.com/files

4. Locate and attend several different local REIAs as they’re great opportunities to network and meet wholesalers, lenders, and contractors.

5. Stay away from the “guru” sales-pitch events - they rarely increase your investment knowledge, they merely empty your wallet!

6. Spend some time every day on Bigger Pockets by connecting with “colleagues,” perusing blogs and videos, and engaging with others on the forums: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

7. Set yourself up to receive free alerts to be notified of subjects that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
  • Real Estate Agent Missouri (#2010004223 )

Mogul Realty  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Peter MacKercher
Property Manager
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Saint Louis, MO
Replied Jan 12 2015, 13:41

In the begian we were doing 3k per property and assign the property. 

Now a lot more on average. 

• Real Estate Agent Missouri (#2010004223 )

Mogul Realty  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Dell Schlabach
  • Investor
  • Canton-Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Canton-Akron, OH
Replied Jan 12 2015, 13:53

Our wholesale deals typically net us between 5k and 10k on 100-200k ARV deals.

User Stats

Votes
Mia Brewington
  • Greensboro, NC
Votes |
  • Greensboro, NC
Replied Jan 12 2015, 13:53

Thanks SO much for the advice Peter. I will certainly stay connected.  I actually attended a free seminar from Fortune Builders and had more questions before shelling out any money that I didn't have. I need to learn from legitimate people who are willing to help someone build a lasting profitable business.  Silver and gold have I none right now...but drive and determination ....I DO! !! I plan to stay connected Peter! Thanks again!