Votes |
New to BP.

Russell F.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Burlington, NC
Posted Mar 27 2015, 18:23

Hi everyone, 

Just signed up the other night, but didn't have time to introduce myself. I live in Burlington, N.C. and learned the value of investing in real estate back in the mid eighties. I have bought and sold rentals and have done a couple flips before I realized they called it a flip, and currently own a few rentals and one resort rental. Several years ago my business demanded more time and I didn't focus as much as I should on investing, but now I am ready to get going again. I guess you could call me a renewbie. Anyway what I have seen so far on BP has been very informative. I am very impressed with the knowledge and how helpful everyone is. I am looking forward to brainstorming ideas and learning more from the everyone. Hopefully i will be able to help someone in return.

Have a great evening,

Russell Farmer

User Stats

Votes
Henry Norton
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Miami Gardens, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Miami Gardens, FL
Replied Mar 27 2015, 20:00

Welcome to BP. Me and my wife are official "newbies" to real estate investing. We live in sunny South Florida. We have family in North Carolina. It seems you have way more experience than we do. I look forward to hearing any bits of wisdom, or advice you have gained over the years. Once again, welcome.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Rasich
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 27 2015, 20:02

Welcome to BP renewbie! Where is your resort rental at Russell?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bradley Tetu
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Walpole, NH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Walpole, NH
Replied Mar 27 2015, 20:08

Welcome!

User Stats

Votes
Amanda Cook
  • Accountant
  • Pleasant Garden, NC
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • Pleasant Garden, NC
Replied Mar 28 2015, 03:45

Welcome @Russell F.!   I'm from Pleasant Garden (south of Greensboro).  We are living in southern Spain, but plan to move back home this summer.  I own a home in PG, but am new to real estate investing.  

I think there is a Triad RE Investors association that meets regularly.  I plan to go to their meetings when we move back.   Since January I've been on Bigger Pockets daily reading all I can, listening to podcasts, etc.  I'd like to start networking with others in the area, and start wholesaling, and buy and hold soon after that.  

User Stats

Votes
Mark Brogan
  • Investor
  • Roanoke, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Roanoke, VA
Replied Mar 28 2015, 05:20

welcome @Russell F.

read,ask questions,listen to the podcasts and take action
good luck

User Stats

Votes
Russell F.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Burlington, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Burlington, NC
Replied Mar 28 2015, 17:55

The resort rental is in Myrtle Beach.  Not the best investment for positive cash flow but it is mainly for our enjoyment so the extra rental money is a plus. Should have sold it before the crash and bought again on the bottom, but still have good equity, so it is ok since we use it also.

User Stats

Votes
Erica Brown
  • Youngsville, NC
Votes |
  • Youngsville, NC
Replied Mar 30 2015, 05:42

Welcome to BP Russell!

My husband and I are new to real estate investing but have found the BP resources to be great to expand how we think about investing and strategies to move on our goals. Since we all learn differently, I love that there are different formats and all of the information in the forums.

Good luck with your re-entry into REI!

User Stats

Votes
William Byrd
  • Investor
  • Greensboro, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Greensboro, NC
Replied Mar 30 2015, 07:41

Welcome @Russell F.

Come join us at Triad REIA sometime. Here is a link to more info http://www.triadreia.org/