Votes
Ian Dietler
  • Carmichael, CA
Votes |
Newbie from Sacramento, CA

Ian Dietler
  • Carmichael, CA
Posted Aug 7 2015, 12:49

Hello, my name is Ian and my girlfriend and I are looking invest in the Sacramento and Carmichael area or invest in tax liens around the country. I am currently reading real estate/business books, attending seminars, and attending local REI clubs. I am looking for good education in: tax lien sales, fixing and flipping, wholesaling, and fixing and holding. I went to a seminar for the Tax Lien Vault and that seemed like a great program, anyone have any thoughts or advice on their company?

I am also really looking to create my real estate investing network. If anyone reading this has any recommendations on a good real estate investing lawyer, broker, real estate agent, or education, please message me with their contact info. Any help would be extremely appreciated!! Thank you so much!

-Ian

User Stats

Votes
Rachelle Rodavia
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Manila, Philippines
Votes |
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Manila, Philippines
Replied Aug 7 2015, 13:11

@Ian Dietler

Welcome to the Biggerpockets family.

Account Closed
  • Roseville, CA
Votes |
  • Roseville, CA
Replied Aug 7 2015, 15:18

@Ian Dietler

Hello and Welcome!  

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Dietler
  • Carmichael, CA
Votes |
  • Carmichael, CA
Replied Aug 7 2015, 17:18

Thanks you guys! I am extremely excited to meet people on here and grow my real estate investing team.

User Stats

Votes
Stewart Guthrie
  • Roseville, CA
Votes |
  • Roseville, CA
Replied Sep 1 2015, 15:24

Hello Ian,

I am a property manager in the Sacramento region so if you're looking for one of those...

I have recommendations for investor agents and attorneys.  We don't get involved with the sales side.

User Stats

Votes
David Hutson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cordova, TN
Votes |
  • Cordova, TN
Replied Sep 1 2015, 15:35

Welcome to the site. Attending the local REIA meetings as you stated is the best idea for meeting local people. There is also a meetup every three months, usually held downtown. That is a smaller informal setting where we hang out and discuss investing.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Dietler
  • Carmichael, CA
Votes |
  • Carmichael, CA
Replied Sep 1 2015, 17:11
Originally posted by @David Hutson:

Welcome to the site. Attending the local REIA meetings as you stated is the best idea for meeting local people. There is also a meetup every three months, usually held downtown. That is a smaller informal setting where we hang out and discuss investing.

I would be really interested in this meeting that you are speaking about. Is it for all levels of investors? I have been learning a lot but still have not completed any deals. Also how much does it cost to join in on this meeting. please message me with details. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
David Hutson
  • Cordova, TN
Votes |
  • Cordova, TN
Replied Sep 1 2015, 17:16

No, the meeting is a local, very small group of all levels.  There is no cost for membership.  It's usually $10 to attend and that pays for snacks that we order at the restaurant to get the room for free.  @al williamson normally hosts it and I have covered it for him when he is not around.  Just keep your eyes open for a sacramento meet up.  It's well advertised in advance here is the posts.

If you haven't already set up keyword alerts go into the settings here and add "Sacramento" so that you get an email every time it is discussed.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Vail
  • Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Sep 1 2015, 17:24

@Al Williamson was just talking about setting up the next meetup in a different post today so look for it in the near future @Ian Dietler.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Dietler
  • Carmichael, CA
Votes |
  • Carmichael, CA
Replied Sep 1 2015, 17:29

David, I definitely have Sacramento as one of my keyword alerts, thank you for the tip. They help out a lot!

Chris, thank you for the heads up. I would really like to meet other real estate investors in my area, and that sounds like the perfect opportunity to do so. 

User Stats

Votes
David Hays
  • Investor
  • Malaga, Andalucía
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Malaga, Andalucía
Replied Sep 2 2015, 14:21

Hi Ian,

Welcome to BP! It sounds like you're off to a good start, and certainly seem to have made some more great Sacramento connections here. Looking forward to hearing more from you on the forums.