Votes
Pamela Isaac
  • Darlington, SC
Votes |
New member from Darlington, South Carolina

Pamela Isaac
  • Darlington, SC
Posted May 26 2016, 12:10

Hi! My name is Pamela Isaac. I have no real estate experience. My husband Tim and I have 18acres of property and a home purchased at a tax auction in our real estate portfolio. Our goal is to tear down the house and put a duplex on that property.  It would be great if we could somehow use the collateral of the 18acres to invest in the duplex. Since we have very little knowledge on how to get started we decided to start here by reading and making some great connections that will help us with our first project. My husband is a HVAC & Electrical contractor so we really just need a good general contractor to frame up then we can do the rest.

Are there any others from the Darlington/ Florence, SC area apart of this group?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Eaker
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Votes |
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Knoxville, TN
Replied May 26 2016, 12:23

Hello and welcome to BP. I am not in your area, but I wish you best of luck in your quest.

User Stats

Votes
Jermaine Connelly
  • Wholesaler
  • Florence, SC
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Florence, SC
Replied May 26 2016, 12:35

Hey Pamela my name is Jermaine. My wife and I are here in the Florence area and we're looking to invest in real estate. There are quite a few general contractors here in Florence; may have to weed through some of them to find a person that fits. We can recommend a few if you would like. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Pamela Isaac
  • Darlington, SC
Votes |
  • Darlington, SC
Replied May 26 2016, 13:07

Hi Jermaine thanks. We would love a list of recommended general contractors. So what type of real estate investments are you interested in?

User Stats

Votes
Oyama Lewis
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, Nc
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, Nc
Replied May 26 2016, 17:29

Hey Pamela,

I am from Florence but I live in Dillon.Welcome to the community.

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Roberts
  • Wholesaler
  • Camden, SC
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Camden, SC
Replied May 26 2016, 21:45

pamela:

I'm over in Camden. Not too far. 

If you bought your property at the county tax sale, you have a tax deed on your property. Because this is considered a "cloudy" deed and there is a tiny chance of the person that lost it at tax sale making a claim on the property, the bank will not mortgage on a tax deed.  You can get an attorney to do an "action to quiet title" and this will clear your deed so it will become mortgageable.  This process normally takes 3-6 months and costs $2500-$5000.

Welcome to the community!

Daniel 

User Stats

Votes
Timothy Riley
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied May 27 2016, 06:16

Welcome to BP!!!

Account Closed
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Votes |
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Replied May 27 2016, 08:27

Welcome to BP @Pamela Isaac.  We are investors in the Myrtle Beach area.  Good luck to you.

User Stats

Votes
Josh Carr
  • Wholesaler
  • Lehi, UT
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Lehi, UT
Replied May 27 2016, 13:09

Welcome to BP.  I work with many investors. I work throughout the USA in investing with tax liens and tax deeds.  A niche of the real estate world. 

User Stats

Votes
KIMARD EGLETON
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Louisville KY
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Louisville KY
Replied May 27 2016, 19:42

How is going Pamela Isaac? I'm from Florence, but currently live an invest in the Richmond, VA area. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Swicegood
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Richmond, VA
Replied May 27 2016, 19:46

Welcome Pamela. This is a great place for info and connections. I too am in the Richmond VA area. But good luck down there.

User Stats

Votes
K Nolan Johnson
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Florence, SC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Florence, SC
Replied Jun 14 2016, 21:21

I help investors in the PeeDee area by providing hard money loans to purchase properties through our company.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Nicholson
  • Seneca, SC
Votes |
  • Seneca, SC
Replied Jun 15 2016, 02:40

Hey Pamela welcome! Since you have 18 acres I would look into what the zoning for your land is. You might be able to divide that into a bunch of lots and build multiple single family homes that will keep and command more value. You might also be able to partner with a land developer.

Definitely read and learn all you can on this site. This place is wonderful and full of wonderful people who know what they are doing and don't mind sharing that wisdom with the rest of us.