• Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Its Sunday, What did you do today?

Brian Feltz
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Posted Mar 3 2013, 18:08

It is Sunday night, what did you do today? My day was mostly family, as it should be. I had family from out of town staying with me for the weekend. First thing this morning we took our little guy to a photographer for his 6 month pictures. Once back home I had to replace the wax seal on my main bathroom toilet. A few weeks ago my father-in-law almost tipped the toilet over... that must've loosened up the seal allowing it to leak water into my storage area of the basement every time flushed... yuck! Then it was out to the garage to replace my wifes headlight in her car... man they are not as user friendly as they used to be! Wow!
The rest of the day I mainly spent hanging out with my cousin and my family. With a few moniutes spent posting craigslist ads, and browsing RealyTrac and printing a few properties to do some further research tonight and tomorrow.

It was a great day!

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Anastasi
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Mar 3 2013, 21:00

I looked at 2 SFHs today (in Milwaukee) as prospects for rentals.

User Stats

Votes
Arnie Guida
  • Residential Landlord
  • Greenfield, WI
Votes |
  • Residential Landlord
  • Greenfield, WI
Replied Mar 3 2013, 21:26

I'm thinking of buying a multi and have been looking for them online.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
James Vermillion
  • Lexington, KY
Votes |
  • Lexington, KY
Replied Mar 4 2013, 06:00

I missed this last week so I will participate this time. I woke up and ate a great breakfast that my lovely wife made. I then made some coffee and went to watch my nephew play indoor soccer (he is a beast, scored 3 goals). After that I went home and did some reading until about 2:30. My wife went to the University of Kentucky women's basketball game where they spanked Tennessee while I went to a pub and watched it on TV. We joined the in-laws for dinner and got home just in time for me to do some reading on BP before relaxing and heading to bed.

Yesterday was my least productive (in terms of real estate) Sunday in a long time, but very productive nonetheless.

User Stats

Votes
Rich Weese#2 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Replied Mar 4 2013, 06:16

What a special day! As many of you know, I belong to the Mormon church. We believe in giving our babies a blessing and a name by which they will be known upon the records of the church throughout their life. I had the special opportunity to do that for my 12th grandchild yesterday. It was truly a miracle to hold Skyler Leo Weese in my arms and be able to do that.

For the past four months, my daughter-in-law has been threatening suicide. She has even asked my son to help her as well as her 15-year-old daughter. We have attempted to get her help with every type of Dr. as well as two different hospitals to no avail. Four weeks ago she took a car and simply disappeared. We were able to get the local police to list her as a missing person. My son was able to use his phone family plan to find out that her phone was located at a vacant lot some 200 miles away. We were able to get our local police to contact the police in that area. Three days later, a police woman found my daughter-in-law driving out of a church parking lot early in the morning. It turns out she had been living in her car for three days in temperatures as low as 26°.

A transfer was set up and we brought her back home. Put on 24 hour watch and getting the DR. to agree, labor was induced on 2 15, and a beautiful 7 lb 3 oz baby boy was born-healthy, calm and truly loved by most family members. We are now getting more help for his Mom and she will be accepted into a program today. We hope it is able to get her re-wired.
So, no real estate yesterday, but what I had been calling a maybe-baby truly melted my heart and emotions. Rich

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Mar 4 2013, 07:31

Rich Weese that is truly heart breaking. I have worked with many women and others over the years with mental health issues, and know that it takes a lot of work to find the balance of medications that will truly help, and not just mask symptoms by getting people loaded. I pray that your daughter in law is able to find that help, and enjoy her new little child. Congratulations on the birth of the grandbaby though!

User Stats

Votes
Kyle J.
  • Northern, CA
Votes |
  • Northern, CA
Replied Mar 4 2013, 08:39

Well, I can't top Rich's story. (Congrats by the way Rich on what sounds like a positive ending.)

But my Sunday was pretty good. Spent the day (and the rest of the weekend) relaxing at a bed & breakfast on the coast in Monterey. Some times you just have to getaway and re-charge.

User Stats

Votes
Brooke Isbell
  • Brentwood, TN
Votes |
  • Brentwood, TN
Replied Mar 4 2013, 09:39

What a bittersweet story, Rich. So incredibly sad that your daughter-in-law is in the grips of something so devastating during what should be the most precious time in a person's life. I hope for her sake, and your grandson's sake, she can get help and find a way back.

Makes me feel silly to admit that my kids, husband and I spent a lazy day recuperating from the night before. We kept the kids up until 1 am (a first!) shooting a parody video for youtube. You know, just your typical Saturday night with the family in the suburbs of "Nashvegas." My son looked so much like Brett Michaels, I may have to tweet his picture and see if I can fool Brett into sending me child support (that I will promptly invest in real estate). :) We had fun, but our kindergartener (our sassy drummer in the video) lectured us the next morning on our parenting for letting them stay up so late. Right now they just think we're nuts. Hopefully they'll grow up and look back with the opinion that we were nutty in the best possible way.