• New to Real Estate
  • Akron/Cleveland, OH
Votes |
NE Ohio Accountant Recommendation

Ryan Beam
  • New to Real Estate
  • Akron/Cleveland, OH
Posted Dec 3 2020, 17:15

Looking for accountant referrals in the Cleveland/Akron/NE Ohio area with strong familiarity in investment property related tax matters.

I'm planning to purchase my first investment property shortly, but I need an accountant to do tax preparation for my current retail business this year (Form 1065) and personal returns.

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 3 2020, 18:39
Originally posted by @Ryan Beam:

Looking for accountant referrals in the Cleveland/Akron/NE Ohio area with strong familiarity in investment property related tax matters.

I'm planning to purchase my first investment property shortly, but I need an accountant to do tax preparation for my current retail business this year (Form 1065) and personal returns.

I have an accountant I can refer to you. They have an office here in Columbus, Ohio but they work with people all over the country. They specialize in working with real estate investors.

• Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Beam
  • New to Real Estate
  • Akron/Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Akron/Cleveland, OH
Replied Dec 3 2020, 18:58
Originally posted by @Remington Lyman:

I have an accountant I can refer to you. They have an office here in Columbus, Ohio but they work with people all over the country. They specialize in working with real estate investors.

That would be great, as I'm also open to the investing in the central Ohio market in the future, although I plan to purchase my first property closer to home.

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Jen R.
  • Investor
  • Tallmadge, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tallmadge, OH
Replied Dec 3 2020, 22:10

@Ryan Beam I can send you my CPA’s info. Her office is in Tallmadge and she’s a real estate investor herself. 

User Stats

Votes
Amanda Mark
  • Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Akron, OH
Replied Dec 5 2020, 15:02

I am also looking for a CPA in the NE Ohio region that is great with a newbie investor and can help some of my future planning.

User Stats

Votes
Zeke Liston
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 7 2020, 07:14

Hi Ryan, I'd be happy to share the contact information for my CPA (he's in Columbus). 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Beam
  • New to Real Estate
  • Akron/Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Akron/Cleveland, OH
Replied Dec 7 2020, 17:05
Originally posted by @Zeke Liston:

Hi Ryan, I'd be happy to share the contact information for my CPA (he's in Columbus). 

That would be great!

User Stats

Votes
Dan Lough
  • Investor
  • Chagrin Falls, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chagrin Falls, OH
Replied Aug 29 2021, 18:45

@Jen R. I saw your post in this thread as I am also looking for a Ohio based CPA who is experienced with Real Estate Investors. I am primarily looking for tax planning advice. Any chance you would be open to sharing your CAP's info with me also? I just am just finishing my 1st BURRR and am considering selling the property in a couple of years to purchase something with more doors but want to make sure I am being smart from a tax standpoint. Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Jen R.
  • Investor
  • Tallmadge, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tallmadge, OH
Replied Aug 30 2021, 06:10

@Dan Lough of course - I'll message you her info.

User Stats

Votes
Basit Siddiqi
Pro Member
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Replied Sep 6 2021, 20:48

@Dan Lough

Ohio is a unique state that it requires a separate tax filing obligation in various cities/counties. Most CPA's outside of Ohio miss this.

For example, an investor who has properties in Cleveland may be required to file a Federal Tax Return, Ohio Tax Return and a Cleveland Tax Return.

Best of luck to you in your search.

User Stats

Votes
Dan Lough
  • Investor
  • Chagrin Falls, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chagrin Falls, OH
Replied Sep 13 2021, 19:08

@Basit Siddiqi Thank you for the info. Much appreciated as I get started!

User Stats

Votes
Tom Kerwin
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Dedham, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Dedham, MA
Replied Jun 9 2022, 17:45

@Remington Lyman Would you mind passing along your CPA's information? I'm also looking for a CPA familiar with Ohio. Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 7 2024, 15:59

@Jen R. Hi Jen! I'm in a similar situation - I just purchased a property in Cleveland and looking for a CPA. Could you send me her contact information as well? Thanks so much!

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.