Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Innovative Strategies
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
James Trautz
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
Implementing What Your Mentor Says WORKS

James Trautz
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kissimmee, FL
Posted Jul 28 2015, 20:17

I'm super STOKED these days! For almost a year, I've been attending REI meetings, listening to webinars, watching POD Casts, etc., all to no avail. About 3 months ago I ran into a guy at an REI meeting that really seemed to click with me. I told him my story and asked if I could buy him lunch. We met the following week and I asked him if he was willing to mentor me. Of course I had nothing to offer, but he was willing to give. Here's the sweet part - he wanted nothing in return (okay, no money up front). Instead, what he offered was to JV with me on a couple of deals - I would learn and get a small piece of the pie and he would expand his network. On top of that, he told me that once I felt comfortable with what I was doing, I could go out on my own anytime I wanted... "just don't forget your friends." :)

Jump ahead to this week...

I've been implementing his marketing strategies, and what do you know? IT WORKS! This week alone, I bought a 235K SFH for 149K; I'm facilitating a Lease Option Contract on another home next Tuesday (deal is already agreed to - just need the documents) and I'm meeting with another potential client tomorrow which will be a perfect Rent to Own situation. On top of that, I've been talking with my neighbor (who had no idea I was an investor until I started marketing correctly) who's about to lose his home and looking for a way out. Of course, not all of these deal will pan out, but I'm pretty sure that 3 of the 4 will, and if you're playing baseball, those are Hall of Fame Stats!

BUT... here's what's really cool to me: In the 235K home, I'm helping a guy out who can't pay his back taxes and is about to lose his home. The Lease Option Facilitation I'm working will allow a retired Army Vet. to transfer to the DC area for his dream job without worrying about what's going to happen with his home, and my neighbor... well, we just may be able to help him out of his foreclosure. 

Wow, what a life! I get to do all this and make money while doing it. Not many people can say this, but I truly LOVE what I do for a living! 

Loading replies...