Election over-time to dive back in?

Election over-time to dive back in?

Loveland, CO · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 123 votes

I've been sitting on the sidelines most of the last 18 months. I've watched prices soften, a lot, as inventories increased and I really don't think the "bottom" is absolutely here.

But, I'm now actively looking again. None of us know the true bottom, and just like selling at the absolute top, buying at the absolute bottom isn't necessary to make your money. It's more than enough just to be close.

BTW, for the last 2 months almost all of my spare time has been spent volunteering in my local campaign headquarters.

Back to work now.

Frank

0Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Mont Belvieu, TX · Member since 2008 · 85 posts · 35 votes
    17y

    I firmly believe it's time to buy-- and to keep buying all the way to the bottom.

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 447 votes
    17y

    I absolutely agree that this is a great time to buy. People who wait for the absolute bottom will miss out on a lot of gain. The market is definitely challenging and we need to be careful with both our entry and exit strategy, but what a great time to find bargains.

    Frank and Connie, didn’t I see you guys in a book somewhere??

    :cool:

  • Real Estate Investor · Mont Belvieu, TX · Member since 2008 · 85 posts · 35 votes
    17y

    Yes indeedy, I believe you did~ :mrgreen:

    And the author's been helping me with my entry and exit strategies :cool:

    I have no idea what the bottom's going to look like, but we just had a SFH forclosure in a prime location come on the market, getting multiple offers over a weekend and *every single offer* fell through for lack of financing, one right after the other. They dropped the price another 5K and now there's no activity at all.

    (Well... almost no activity :wink: )

  • Loveland, CO · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 123 votes
    17y

    Yes you did! One of the most inciteful REI books ever written. Author is a guy named R. Warren!

    I recommend everyone buy a copy, or better still, enough copies to fill all of your Christmas stocking, NOW.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.