Real Estate Investor · Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 105 posts · 71 votes
Good news I just granted you 13 Months to accomplish your 2010 goals.
Sit back over the next week or so and think about what you want to accomplish. The Thanksgiving week is a perfect time to do this as you are likely around friends and family having a good time, instead of New Years Eve where alcohol and parties rule the day (not to mention that New Years kiss from the someone special).
We chose real estate investing for the lifestyle it can provide and thus lets set some goals to accomplish over the next 13 months.
I’ll start.
I will add 10 REO rentals to my portfolio that each produces greater than 20% cash on cash return.
Real Estate Investor · NW, IN · Member since 2009 · 45 posts · 15 votes
16y
To replace my wife's income with my net rental income so she can be a stay-at-home mother. Actually I've been working on this goal for the last few years but I'm on track to hopefully reach that goal this year.
Homeowner · Troy, MI · Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 5 votes
16y
My goal for last year was to start out and buy 2 properties and get them rented-I was able to do 4 and have more importantly calmed my wifes nerves with respect to buying real estate.
For the new year my goal is to add another 4 properties. I already have offers in for 2 of them so hopefully I get off to a great start.
Real Estate Investor · Sentenhart, Wald · Member since 2009 · 110 posts · 75 votes
16y
Get our new system into production late in December or early in January.
Hold the line on the current portfolio and keep as close to 100% occupied as is possible. Hope for no more then a 10% drop in year-on-year receipts, but reality is, so we will see.
No new purchases unless they are just too good to pass up.
Relax a bit more, enjoy this time of good health and just be happy.
Real Estate Investor · Reading, MA · Member since 2009 · 6 posts · 10 votes
16y
This being my first year in the business, I would feel accomplish by completing one wholesale deal by the end of the year. As for 2010 my goal is to be focused and to turn this part-time hobby into a full time passion by buying/selling at least 1 property per month.
Developing skills and starting to create a niche for myself to truly be dubbed a "Real Estate DIVA"
Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
16y
Well, lets define goalas oppose to resolution... I see resolution (As in New year resolution) something we hope to achieve but without the commitment. Goals seems to force us into thinking of ways to achieve them.
Goals are not something you "hope" to achieve but rather attainable.
My goal for the next 13 month is to pay off all my loans (Except estate or student loans) . (Achievable)
Back in the middle of 2008, my goal was to buy 4 rental SFRs in 12 months. I bought 6.
I cannot say in 100% certainly that I will, but I hope to buy at least two more in 2010.
Inspector · Alsip, IL · Member since 2008 · 361 posts · 75 votes
16y
My 2010 goal is to take my wholesaling business full-time (at least the income), use it to pay off all of my consumer debts, put $10,000 in the bank for a rainy day, fix my house up to my specs, and save up enough reserve to buy my first rehab.
Real Estate Investor · OH · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
16y
My 2010 goals, starting in January, are to spend a lot of time working on my snowboarding and take at least one good snowboarding trip. In addition, I joined a sportsman's club in 2009 and have gotten started shooting in USPSA, IDPA, Action Pistol, American Steel Plates, and other defensive pistol type venues. I would like to rapidly improve my skills in this area so that I can win some of the local competitions.
As spring and summer arrives, my goal is to get back to frequent camping trips and take some mountainbiking trips.
I also plan to become even more politically active and attend at least one tea party protest in Washington D.C. and to be active in the fight to improve our concealed carry law in Ohio. More importantly, I will work to get the socialists voted out of office starting in 2010.
Those are my main goals for this year. From a real estate perspective, my goals are to keep the occupancy up and keep paying down the debt (which continually improves my net worth).
Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
16y
Originally posted by Michael Zuber:
Good news I just granted you 13 Months to accomplish your 2010 goals.
Sit back over the next week or so and think about what you want to accomplish. The Thanksgiving week is a perfect time to do this as you are likely around friends and family having a good time, instead of New Years Eve where alcohol and parties rule the day (not to mention that New Years kiss from the someone special).
We chose real estate investing for the lifestyle it can provide and thus lets set some goals to accomplish over the next 13 months.
I’ll start.
I will add 10 REO rentals to my portfolio that each produces greater than 20% cash on cash return.
Real Estate Investor · Castle Rock / Ft. Carson, CO · Member since 2008 · 111 posts · 9 votes
16y
Never too early to set goals! For 2010, I want to buy my first rental before I get out of the Army. I want to hold it for at least 6 months to make sure I know what I am doing, then buy my next. So, I guess my goal is to at least buy my first 2 rentals in 2010.
Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
16y
Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
Well, lets define goalas oppose to resolution... I see resolution (As in New year resolution) something we hope to achieve but without the commitment. Goals seems to force us into thinking of ways to achieve them.
Goals are not something you "hope" to achieve but rather attainable.
My goal for the next 13 month is to pay off all my loans (Except estate or student loans) . (Achievable)
Back in the middle of 2008, my goal was to buy 4 rental SFRs in 12 months. I bought 6.
I cannot say in 100% certainly that I will, but I hope to buy at least two more in 2010.
The most successfull New Years Resolution I had was, to never again use Tall or Grande when ordering coffee. I figured I would start low and work my way up. :cool:
Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 323 votes
16y
Originally posted by MikeOH:
My 2010 goals, starting in January, are to spend a lot of time working on my snowboarding and take at least one good snowboarding trip. In addition, I joined a sportsman's club in 2009 and have gotten started shooting in USPSA, IDPA, Action Pistol, American Steel Plates, and other defensive pistol type venues. I would like to rapidly improve my skills in this area so that I can win some of the local competitions.
As spring and summer arrives, my goal is to get back to frequent camping trips and take some mountainbiking trips.
I also plan to become even more politically active and attend at least one tea party protest in Washington D.C. and to be active in the fight to improve our concealed carry law in Ohio. More importantly, I will work to get the socialists voted out of office starting in 2010.
Those are my main goals for this year. From a real estate perspective, my goals are to keep the occupancy up and keep paying down the debt (which continually improves my net worth).
You can use the snowboard pictures as part of your "close" for your 3 day bootcamp :lol:
Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
16y
Originally posted by Claude Hodge:
Never too early to set goals! For 2010, I want to buy my first rental before I get out of the Army. I want to hold it for at least 6 months to make sure I know what I am doing, then buy my next. So, I guess my goal is to at least buy my first 2 rentals in 2010.
Claude
Claude, I assume that the car in your avatar is your inspiration. If you own it, I would strongly recommend to sell it and buy real estate instead.
Many people do that mistake (I used to be one of them). Buying an expensive car where they could buy a piece of property and then another one, and then another one until they have enough money to buy that car which they now can afford... :wink:
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
16y
My real estate plans/goals...
I plan to rehab/flip 20 houses.
If the commercial market cooperates, I also plan to buy 50-100 units of apartments.
My goal is to do this in no more than 16 hours per week (on average), so that I can spend most of my time focusing on family and other non-real estate interests...
Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
16y
2010? I retire at age 34, debt free, cash flow coming in and only 3 years after my investing restart/rebuild.
Problem is I'm way too motivated still so I'm going to get into more insurance adjusting, buy a couple online businesses and probably flip some properties.
Outside of that I haven't specifically defined goals as yet. I just got my application for IDPA as well so I'll probably see Mike at a tournament at some point. I also want to get my skeet shooting up to par. I dusted off the Bassoon and want to get that back into shape - I've had a couple people ask me to play in their ensembles. I've also been looking into some graduate programs locally - the master's program in literature is pretty cheap and I met the academic standards for enrollment...12 years ago when I last went to school (YIPE!).
Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
16y
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
2010? I retire at age 34, debt free, cash flow coming in and only 3 years after my investing restart/rebuild.
Problem is I'm way too motivated still so I'm going to get into more insurance adjusting, buy a couple online businesses and probably flip some properties.
Outside of that I haven't specifically defined goals as yet. I just got my application for IDPA as well so I'll probably see Mike at a tournament at some point. I also want to get my skeet shooting up to par. I dusted off the Bassoon and want to get that back into shape - I've had a couple people ask me to play in their ensembles. I've also been looking into some graduate programs locally - the master's program in literature is pretty cheap and I met the academic standards for enrollment...12 years ago when I last went to school (YIPE!).
Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
16y
Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
Hey, just don't hurt yourself.. :shoot:
Bassoon or back to school? I know. How oh how will a suave 34 year old man with a bankroll survive back in school amongst impressionable mid 20-something co-eds?
Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 465 votes
16y
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
Originally posted by Eddie Ziv:
Hey, just don't hurt yourself.. :shoot:
Bassoon or back to school? I know. How oh how will a suave 34 year old man with a bankroll survive back in school amongst impressionable mid 20-something co-eds?
Funny you say that. Actually, my beloved wife (40) is doing it right now. She's getting her perquisites for her studies to become a registered nurse... :lol: