Votes
Michael Swan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Feb 28 2016, 15:20

The best money I ever spent was to become a $500.00 member to LUI and attended Del Walmsley's 2 day seminar.  I listen to LUI podcasts 2 or three times a week in the car.  I did NOT sign up for their preferred membership. I only paid $500.00 and when you combine this with Davi Lindahl's book, Multifamily Millions and Loopholes of Real Estate by Garrett Sutton, I came to an epiphany that in 8 years from today, I will have over 50 million in Real Estate and 16 million in net worth and 1 million in tax deferred cash flow per year.  Then, when I read Grant Cardone's 10x rule and maybe I will have a goal like him someday.  1 million in cash flow each month and 5,000 front doors etc...

Remember, If you shoot for the stars, you may only grab a handful of clouds.  However, you won't grab a handful of mud.

Swanny

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Harbert
  • Investor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Mar 2 2016, 19:22

I've read this entire thread and like so many of you I too had my doubts about the successful real estate investors that have gone into providing education.  Its very hard to assess those that are really in the business to help from those that are teaching old crap and doing nothing to transact in the real world.  I'm in Houston and lucky to be here because Cody has one of his mentors right here in my back yard.  I did a 6 mos mentoring program with him and it was worth every penny.  For every dollar I paid for Cody's education I've made over $10.  Do the math.  He's honest and so is his team of mentors.  They keep you on track and on point.  Thanks Cody.  You've made a believer out of me for sure.  Its like anything else in life.  You gotta invest a little in yourself to not get left behind.  

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Dana Williams
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Replied Mar 23 2016, 21:29

Burr... Thanks so much!

User Stats

Votes
Luis Javier
  • Bronx, NY
Votes |
  • Bronx, NY
Replied Apr 12 2016, 16:11

Hi,

I don't know nothing about real estate, I'm looking for a good and affordable course I came across Cody sperber online and doing research I found this forum, can anybody tell me a good course , and also founding true, I see that all the real estate programs have founding, is that really works, I was also checking this guy Marcos rubel, do you know him.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Vese
  • Real Estate Broker
  • West Linn, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • West Linn, OR
Replied May 5 2016, 15:03

Luis Javier I am part of the clever investor mentoring program and I'm telling you it's amazing. You get one on mentoring and they tell you things people won't tell you. I learned a lot from both bigger pockets and clever. All I got to say is that's it's worth it and worth the investment. Plus you're part of a community who truly cares about you and treats you like family. PM me if you need any more information.

User Stats

Votes
Cody Sperber
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 9 2016, 20:57

@Rebecca Rizzi I just happened to see this today and I have to say I am very disappointed in your review.  This is not typical and I will look into this and personally make sure you are taken care of.

All's I ask is that you give me a chance to make things right.  Someone from my office will be reaching out to you tomorrow to see what all is going on and fix this situation asap.

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied May 10 2016, 05:01

I as well started with buying this crazy dudes course.

My take on it. The info provided is amazing. 

I have always been a rebel and I never follow others foot steps. The way I used this package was to learn, see what it is normally done, and then add my own touches to it.

I have yet to make a deal but I am signing my first 2 contracts today! One is a definite sign, the other got my offer accepted but is waiting on a second offer from an other investor.

Also, after I bought the package, I was expecting that be it. But Clever investor keeps updating videos, gave me fancy contracts... 

It definitely made it happen for me.  That is my take on it.

Cody, one thing... you forgot to explain in your videos which mailer piece to use for 1) wich list (absentee owner, inheritance)

and 2) which mailer to use for 2nd campaign, 3rd, 4th. You mention in the videos you will do it in a following video but it is just not there.

Private message me for a list of things that can be improved and what made me go to an other provider for certain areas of your package that is lacking.

User Stats

Votes
Pam Gilbert
  • CPA
  • Garland, TX
Votes |
  • CPA
  • Garland, TX
Replied May 11 2016, 10:52

@Jonathan Vese
I would like to discuss this topic with you. Can you provide me an email address to reach you? Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Pam Gilbert
  • CPA
  • Garland, TX
Votes |
  • CPA
  • Garland, TX
Replied May 11 2016, 11:03

Jonathan Vese
Can you provide your email address? This may sppear twice as I was trying to get @mention to work properly. Still not sure it did... Lol

Account Closed
  • Camano Island, WA
Votes |
  • Camano Island, WA
Replied Jun 12 2016, 17:13

Hey Guys,

I have a curious thought, and maybe some of my experience may save you some money. 

You belong to a site that has everything you need to make it in this field. I have gone to several seminars. Spent close to twenty thousand dollars and learned that they are all have the same similar venue.  Have you really checked everything out here? So much online is free. There is no magical fruit.

Here is the basic principle. Buy low sell high. If you screw up hold until you can. 

As you progress in buying ans selling, hold the good ones, sell the bad. Try to get to a comfortable passive income.

You say sure sounds easy, yep it isnt. You need funds to start. SO you ask how the heck can you raise the funds?  My reply is how bad do you want to make it in this business? I realize I have lost most of you but future on I will explain. 

You need a source of funds for the deposit, funds to fix and funds to purchase. 

Lets break this down:

Purchase = Mortgage, conventional or hard money

Fixup = Cash in pocket, Visa's, Hard money, creative financing, Refurbished items, Others people's money.

Deposit = savings, second mortgage, partner....

Ok you just want to have the money to get going and feel you will be successful. Perhaps, Maybe...

If you are truly wanting to raise the funds and don't have a close source, Start small.

What have you got to sell that you don't want. Look for something that you can clean up and make a little money. Then look for what you can purchase next and clean up. use only the funds you made from before to buy and fix up. Why you ask. So you get used to making do and staying with in a budget, as you raise money on small things you will be preparing for the larger Real Estate deals.  I hear you and you now realize this method can be extremely slow, to start. This is what I meant by how bad do you want it. 

I have seen Craigslist adds and wonder if they truly work. If so maybe that is the answer for you. 

Here is the bottom line. finding the funds to start is hard. Especially if you have none to start. You can be a wholesaler to start and get money that way. 

Think through the cost of mentoring. This site has what you need. develop a plan and stick with it. You shouldn't need someone to tell you what to do. Read and develop a plan, make points of achievement that are realistic, as the saying goes, baby steps. learn to crawl, then walk then run!

See you at the top

User Stats

Votes
Shella Sanders
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jun 24 2016, 02:45

I bought the $297 course from seeing a Facebook ad while I was 6months pregnant with my first child and looking for a way to make money from home. I had no prior thoughts of real estate. Then I got the call for one on one mentoring an was told it would be 7k and I bought in. Within two week I had my business set up, mail box, websites, learned crm podio system all with the step by step instruction of the mentor. What also made the difference was that the mentor sent me several contacts in my city dallas tx. A few were wholesalers, agents, investors. One agent/investor and fellow clever student really took me on Cuz he needed an assistant so he trained me on how to comp an taught me the Mls an how to pull absent/out of state, pre foreclosure leads for free from Mls and paid for the first few mailers to go out and in return I would take all the calls, facilitate the deals and we split the deals. My first two deals with him closed the same week a month later, one for about 2k and the other for $6800 that we split. We did several more deals together and my clever mentor guided me on training calls. Now I am a fully functioning Solo wholesaler pregnant with my second child And I haven't looked back since.

I don't doubt that maybe I could hv met someone like my agent/teacher/partner that took the time to walk me through my first deals from right here on BP without paying for coaching. In fact I was not even on BP prior to clever. And one thing that disappointed me about clever was that when I bought into the one on one mentoring, the staff guy David kept saying I was gonna work with Cody directly and one or the first calls I was gonna get was gonna be from Cody himself and I have never spoke to Cody. And that is like his claim to mentoring fame he says on so many of his videos that that's what separates him from other 'gurus' is that when u invest in mentor ship with him u dont just get put off to the 'minions'... And I called his staff guy David several times an complained about it and all he would say is let me see what I can do an never call me back. So that was very misleading.

But I hv made at least four times what I invested in only one year wholesaling so I'd say my experience is more good than bad

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Vese
  • Real Estate Broker
  • West Linn, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • West Linn, OR
Replied Jul 21 2016, 01:52

Shella Sanders I to am a clever student and I have made deals, but what you said about David telling you about speaking with Cody stuck out to me. I to talked with David and he told me the same thing. I never have talked to Cody Sperber yet, but I am going to his clever summit in Scottsdale AZ. I got free tickets so I thought why not. I guess I'll talk to him there, but thanks for sharing because I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Cody Sperber
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Jul 21 2016, 10:08

@Shella Sanders and @Jonathan Vese thank you for letting me know about your concerns, and I will look into this matter as soon as possible.  I am very happy to hear you both have had success with our program and will "train up" our team to clarify when our students get to speak directly to me. Jonathan...I am excited to meet you at the Summit!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Williams
  • Investor
  • Palmetto, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Palmetto, GA
Replied Jul 21 2016, 22:33

Good Program

User Stats

Votes
Debbie Thomas
  • Realtor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Aug 3 2016, 04:02

I took Cody's Clever Investor online program and absolutely love it! I love the videos and all of the paper documents to use and adapt. I've used his recommendations for buying lists and I use his mail order recommendation ( that has templates already uploaded.) I got my first deal by using his postcards with minor adaptions and made nearly $30k. I declined their mentoring program because I'm in Austin and didn't want a mentor in Phoenix. I am thinking of going to their 2016 Summit this month (if I can get reasonable flights). Austin has been a tough market because of competition. I'm very conservative in my offers. 

User Stats

Votes
Cory Baker
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Sep 18 2016, 10:18

I was living out of a warehouse when I got my first wholesale assignment done.

If I could have done it all by myself I would have made $8000. I made 20% of that profit on a joint venture deal.

Thankfully, I found an investor group with Real Live Active Local Mentors that helped me close, and were there every step of the way. If you have a mentor that you can actually reach out and shake hands with while you do your deal (even at the contract signing from the Seller to me) then you have incredible training. Any "guru" that says, "buy this course it will be like I'm right there with you" is a poor substitute for the real thing.

I don't know if the group is in your city yet, they plan to expand.

But, here in Phoenix, I was able to get started for 1k and a $49 monthly. 

There are many great things you can learn from the "gurus" and their courses out there; it's just better to have them at your side as you are doing the deal. That's what worked for me.

Do your own due diligence. Research and test what works for you. Now that I'm a member/student/customer of this group I can get referral bonuses. Got one about a month after getting paid on my first SUCCESSFUL wholesale deal.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Dean
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Replied Sep 25 2016, 15:16

@ Cory. You mentioned, "investor group with Real Live Active Local Mentors". Do they have a website? I would be interested in investigating this. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Shanna Bechtel
  • Harrisburg, PA
Votes |
  • Harrisburg, PA
Replied Oct 8 2016, 11:48

I had a negative experience myself. A "coach" called me telling me that with a program I bought for $97 I have access to a personal coach. I got an email telling me it was included and there was no sales pitch. Pretty sweet right? Not really. The guy was kind of a jerk and gave me a small piece of advice which I already heard from an experienced wholesaler. He also told me I shouldn't wholesale and why I need to buy and hold. Then he told me if I want to continue working with him I need to cough up $5k for a mentorship program that will walk me through the business and that will make me successful. I told him I wanted a few deals under my belt so I knew REI was for me and something I can do part time. He said to me, "I thought you were committed to REI?" He made me feel stupid and was a total jerk. I was also upset that it was a trick to get me to spend a boatload of money when all the communication said it wasn't. I'd never buy anything from him after that, I don't care how good it is.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Dean
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Replied Oct 10 2016, 14:52

@Shanna Bechtel I just bought the Clever Investor, "Fast Tack Profit System" and then stumbled upon you post literally less than 30 minutes later. I have to say, what you wrote about the program now has me concerned. On the bright side of this, I have their 30 day guaranty. I will do my best to post my progress along with my opinions about the program as I go. If it goes well, I'll post about my first payday. If it goes south, I'll post about my experience with regards to getting my money back. Wish me luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Huguens Louis-pierre
  • tutor and math teacher
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • tutor and math teacher
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Oct 15 2016, 10:16

hello guys

would you recommend cody's mentoring program to a novice,someone who is interested in wholesaling process and who  is completely new to real estate in general

User Stats

Votes
Kamran Siddiqi
  • Richardson, TX
Votes |
  • Richardson, TX
Replied Oct 31 2016, 09:07

@Cody Sperber I had very high hopes of getting some help when I came to attend your CleverSummit 2016. I lost everything this year that I had. We lost our $2M business after being back stabbed by our partner and fighting lawsuits. Lost all credit cards and my credit score. Yes I did purchase the Fast Track for $297 which got me educated a lot (thank you very much for that). I had asked your sales and consultants that called me to please allow me some mentoring because I am really wanting to close at least 1-2 deals to save enough to get to the next level for a proper mentorship. So how do you help genuine people who have really lost everything? I even suggested to your team if you guys want, Clever Investor could share maybe 50% or 75% of the profit from my  deals, but at least hold my hand. Unfortunately your program caters to rich folks only. I had borrowed so much money from relatives and friends as of last year that I just don't have else where to go ask for money. I even spoke to Matt L, and he very politely declined to offer any help or any out-of-the-way help or options based on my situation. 

User Stats

Votes
Kamran Siddiqi
  • Richardson, TX
Votes |
  • Richardson, TX
Replied Oct 31 2016, 09:35

@Cody Sperber I had very high hopes of getting some help when I came to attend your CleverSummit 2016. I lost everything this year that I had. We lost our $2M business after being back stabbed by our partner and fighting lawsuits. Lost all credit cards and my credit score. Yes I did purchase the Fast Track for $297 which got me educated a lot (thank you very much for that). I had asked your sales and consultants that called me to please allow me some mentoring because I am really wanting to close at least 1-2 deals to save enough to get to the next level for a proper mentorship. So how do you help genuine people who have really lost everything? I even suggested to your team if you guys want, Clever Investor could share maybe 50% or 75% of the profit from my  deals, but at least hold my hand. Unfortunately your program caters to rich folks only. I had borrowed so much money from relatives and friends as of last year that I just don't have else where to go ask for money. I even spoke to Matt L, and he very politely declined to offer any help or any out-of-the-way help or options based on my situation. 

User Stats

Votes
Sonja Cami
  • Closter, NJ
Votes |
  • Closter, NJ
Replied Dec 1 2016, 18:36

@Cody Sperber

I'm so glad, you took a stance and actually verified the phone call mentioned above! I appreciate you actually taking your time and stating the truth. I understand why some companies keep quiet when they receive negative (and untrue) feedback, but it's quiet refreshing seeing people stand up for their idea and calling out liars! 

I googled your program to see how much it costs and I clicked this link, because I like this blog. I don't know many details of it, but I gotta say, if you have this attidute towards what you teach i am leaning towards buying the program. 

User Stats

Votes
Carlos Lucio
  • Evergreen Park, IL
Votes |
  • Evergreen Park, IL
Replied Dec 3 2016, 23:01

@Cody Sperber or any other clever investor team student or mentor. First of all thanks for what you do. Plain and simple. 

P.S. Can I please get Chris' info/website/contact I'd like to hire his SEO and marketing services but am having a hard time finding how to reach him. Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Alysa Kowalsky
  • Wholesaler
  • West Bloomfield, MI
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • West Bloomfield, MI
Replied Dec 11 2016, 20:30

I have been a student of Clever since May of 2015. I can tell you it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have completed multiple programs with them and am now in the Masters Program. The things they have taught me are amazing. I set a financial goal for myself for my first year and reached it in the first 10 months so I set another goal for myself to reach by the end of the year and have exceeded that. I never thought that I would be able to obtain this amount in my first year. The support I have received has been top notch. The mentors are excellent and the community itself is like no other. I have done deals with other students all over the country. I can tell you that if you are tired of spending money on other programs that don't deliver, look at Clever Investor. It will be the last program that you ever need. If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out to me.