Skip to content
Local Real Estate Networking

User Stats

Votes
Danniell Johnson
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Investor-friendly Real Estate Agent NEEDED!!!!

Danniell Johnson
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Jan 30 2015, 05:15

Does anyone know of any good investor-friendly real estate agents in Philadelphia, Montgomery, Delaware, and/or Chester counties of PA? 

Please HELP!...TY

MODERATOR:  Recommendations only, in this forum, please.   Please do not advertise your services here.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Davis
  • Investor
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Asheville, NC
Replied Jan 30 2015, 05:22

Hey @Danniell Johnson ,

I don't, but I'm sure you will have no trouble finding one on here.

One suggestion:  Have your criteria really nailed down and that relationship will be much more fruitful.  I've developed a great relationship with my investor/realtor here, and a big part of that has been really knowing what I'm looking for.

I had no idea when I started, but learned a lot here:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

And on the podcasts:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/p...

Best of luck Danniell and feel free to reach out anytime!

User Stats

Votes
Danniell Johnson
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 30 2015, 05:26

Thank you, @Andrew Davis

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Jan 30 2015, 05:54

Welcome to BP!

Can you explain or define "investor-friendly"? I believe all agents are investor friendly, they love repeat business!

If you think an agent isn't friendly, it might be because of what you are doing, not them, that's usually the case.

The more agents you find that seem to be unfriendly should be an indication that you have a problem, not them. I can't think of any strategy that I haven't had an agent involved in before, so it's not that you're flipping a contract, doing a Sub-2, a L/O, seller financing, sandwich lease, wholesaling or any other ploy that is legal. Good agents don't get involved in unethical or illegal transactions, that might give reason to analyze what you are attempting to do besides what some guru told you.

Good luck :)    

User Stats

Votes
Danniell Johnson
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 30 2015, 05:58

@Bill Gulley I'm starting out in the wholesaling business and in need of a realtor that knows this area well and is comfortable with "the numbers". I have different criteria in mind that needs to be researched and I need someone that is comfortable with finding what I need on MLS without telling me "you'll know the perfect house when you feel it".

User Stats

Votes
Alex M.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 30 2015, 06:06

in philadelphia county, @vera 

@Vera Rosen undefined

User Stats

Votes
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Jan 30 2015, 06:24

Okay, I know that game, I don't think you'll have much success with wholesaling off the MLS as the guru hyped it. I suppose you're looking for an agent willing to waste their time with low ball offers shot gunned out by someone who can't buy. You'll have better luck using a dozen agents one at a time.

Try paying them a flat fee plus their commission, they may get friendlier. :)

User Stats

Votes
Patrick L.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Petersburg, FL
Replied Jan 30 2015, 06:24

There's a big difference between an investor friendly agent and a wholesaler friendly agent.  Most agents will work with investors, very few want to deal with wholesalers. 

User Stats

Votes
Brian Tome
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Worton, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Worton, MD
Replied Jan 30 2015, 06:34

In Delaware, why not try Muhammad Razzaq.  He is a new BP user and his website is

• http://muhammadrealtor.com
  • User Stats

Votes
    • Springfield, MO
    Votes |
    • Springfield, MO
    Replied Jan 30 2015, 07:10
    Originally posted by @Patrick L.:

There's a big difference between an investor friendly agent and a wholesaler friendly agent.  Most agents will work with investors, very few want to deal with wholesalers. 

Yes, and the main reason why is how they do things, not so much of an issue if they have a real buyer at hand, which they usually don't.

I've "wholesaled" several to agents, passed deals through agents, but they also knew I could follow up and buy if needed, I was always solving a problem too.

Our OP is new here, so I have no idea where she stands, but most wholesalers here avoid Realtors because the gurus told them to, they don't know realty matters. They won't learn any more than they think they absolutely must know, very gullible and naïve listening to gurus and whizbang operators.

They will either learn or they'll be out of the business which is the best thing for many of them. :)

User Stats

Votes
    Jesse T.
    • Herndon, VA
    Votes |
    • Herndon, VA
    Replied Jan 30 2015, 07:12
    Originally posted by @Danniell Johnson:

@Bill G. I'm starting out in the wholesaling business and in need of a realtor that knows this area well and is comfortable with "the numbers". I have different criteria in mind that needs to be researched and I need someone that is comfortable with finding what I need on MLS without telling me "you'll know the perfect house when you feel it".

Are you finding potential sales off the MLS? If you are finding some, you might have the potential to set-up a win-win situation. For those who want a retail price, you can refer them to the agent. In most states the agent can not compensate you. However they should be much more receptive when you want market research or potential leads. Also they may be willing to connect you with investors to buy properties you find. The upside for them is the commission on the sale or rental. Even if you develop a win-win relationship, most agents probably won't want to get involved with making on-market offers from a wholesaler.

If you aren't finding potential deals, your best option may be to "join them".  Either as an assistant to a successful agent who works with a lot of investors.  Or getting your own license.

Have you gone to any Real Estate Investment groups?  If you don't find an agent, you should be able to get a recommendation.

User Stats

Votes
    Danniell Johnson
    • Philadelphia, PA
    Votes |
    • Philadelphia, PA
    Replied Jan 30 2015, 13:14

@Jesse T.  No, I haven't been to a meeting yet, but I will keep what you said in mind

User Stats

Votes
    Danniell Johnson
    • Philadelphia, PA
    Votes |
    • Philadelphia, PA
    Replied Jan 30 2015, 13:16

@Michael Noto  sorry, nevermind

Account Closed
    • Banker
    • Delaware
    Votes |
    • Banker
    • Delaware
    Replied Jan 30 2015, 17:36
    Originally posted by @Brian Tome:

In Delaware, why not try Muhammad Razzaq.  He is a new BP user and his website is

• http://muhammadrealtor.com
  •  Thank you for the referral Brian.