Skip to content
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes

Multi Family Seminars

Deborah Williams
Posted Mar 20 2024, 20:25

I’m a real estate investor newbie.  Does anyone know of any Multifamily Seminars or conferences scheduled in the near future for the Wash,DC or Richmond areas?

User Stats

Votes
Latoya Pryor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Apr 19 2024, 21:16

Hello Deborah.  If you go to the "Meetup" app put in multifamily and location it will pull up meetups for your area of preference.  You will have the open to rsvp on the app as well.  Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Long
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Leawood, KS
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Leawood, KS
Replied Apr 20 2024, 09:16

Hey @Deborah Williams

Multifamily Live is a virtual event from May 9-11th. Not specific to those areas since it is virtual, but coming up in a few weeks so may be worth checking out. 

Cheers, 
Marcus

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Scott Trench
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Replied Apr 20 2024, 09:45

Careful - many of these are marketing pitches for people trying to raise funds. Attending a seminar from a multifamily operator who is actively raising funds and asking their opinion on whether multifamily is good investment is like asking a fox to count the number of chickens in your coop.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon C.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied May 4 2024, 10:20

I don't as I am in Milwaukee. But I am finding David Lindahl's books on multi-family investing to be of use. I am just getting started, myself.

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Auerbach
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Votes |
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Replied May 5 2024, 06:09

"How anyone can make millions.." is a big promise of David Lindahl's book. I'd put a big astrix behind that, because it's not true. It's like telling your child "you can become anything you want president, astronaut,.." Theoretically, yes.

While it is not entirely impossible, for most people the more likely path to success is to build the skills necessary with a couple duplxes. 

And before I get roasted here for bursting bubbles: apply for a large DSCR loan and tell them you have no experience as an operator...