• Miami, FL
Votes |
Post card design?

Francisco Perez
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Posted Jul 12 2015, 01:22

Hey BP, 

I would like some input on this design. Any suggestions, tips or tricks? First time sending post cards.

User Stats

Votes
Traver Freeman
  • Investor
  • El Cajon, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • El Cajon, CA
Replied Jul 12 2015, 02:29

@Francisco Perez

My first thought is "is it true?, can you make good on your promises?" A quick glance at your profile shows that you're new to real estate (like me). And if you're also like me, you don't have a whole lot of cash. So are you able to buy that $250,000 home all cash? Maybe your market is $30k and you have that laying around (on top of money for repairs and an emergency fund for Murphy), but I don't. 

People don't like false advertising. It may be what the template cards you can find online say, but those are intended for companies or individuals who can go in all cash and close in 7 days. If you can do that, great, ignore my post.

As far as the rest of it goes. Maybe someone else out there can correct me if I'm wrong, but the standard "we buy houses" tends to be what they talk about on the podcasts and they're saying it works. So my motto is don't fix what isn't broken. Additionally, I think a picture or icon on the card would help. Even if it's just dollar signs. 

You've got about 3 seconds to capture attention when someone pulls that out of the mailbox. If I see a pizza on the card, I know it's from Domino's or wherever. I might be interested in what they have to offer me. Plain text like that would probably get tossed in the trash without me really looking at it. My apartment complex has a trash can next to the mail boxes I utilize quite frequently. The ads I keep catch my eye (to then get tossed in my personal trash after further consideration, unless I really like it then it sits on my counter for a week). That's just me personally, but I'm sure there's others like me. 

User Stats

Votes
Shane Woods
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Weatherford, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Weatherford, TX
Replied Jul 12 2015, 21:24

The design is great! I love the colors.

For the message, I would recommend the call to action as big as your houses wanted. Like call us to sell your house fast! Or call now to get quick cash for your house!

I haven't done post cards. But the good ones I have seen in my mailbox usually have a big call to action. Not just a "notice" then a small call to action .

Also I echo what Traver said above. Don't say it if you can't do it. Don't say quick or cash unless you have the money, or have actual Cash investors lined up to assign your deals to.

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Nelson
  • Wholesaler, Investor
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Wholesaler, Investor
  • Portland, OR
Replied Aug 26 2015, 10:21

White text on a black background is harder to read for the human eye than black text on a white background. I would recommend changing the typeface of the paragraph on the top right hand corner to something bold so that it stands out just a hair more to the reader.

Overall they look good, best of luck with them. Would love to hear what type of response rate you receive!