• Homeowner
  • Brampton, On
Votes |
Canadians - 2014 update

Dominika M
  • Homeowner
  • Brampton, On
Posted Jan 3 2014, 05:48

Hi Canada -ians, what are you up to at this time? Over the past few months we've seen many new investors join on BP, and I'm curious about everyone's progress. In the intro post everyone says what niche they're picking for REI, but I think it changes over the next few months of research.
Everyone welcome!

From me:
I gave myself until March to do further reserach. In the meantime, I've had a heart to heart with my mortgage broker, and it looks like I won't be able to get a second mortgage for an investment property (because my primary is eating up all my debt room). So that helped me make up my mind to go to US (which I was going to do long term anyway). I've approached an investor from BP to partner up on a deal in their area. The conversation so far is looking good. My short term goal is still to buy 3 properties in 2 years.

And you?

User Stats

Votes
Jason Williams
  • Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Replied Aug 27 2014, 09:40

Hi everyone, 

Please keep me posted on when we chose to do the meet-up. I would love to meet you guys. 

Thanks,

Jason

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Brampton, Ontario
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Brampton, Ontario
Replied Aug 28 2014, 11:20

Hi everyone, looking forward for this BP meet-up. Also if you are interested @Gary McGowan is doing a meet up in September. Check with him or his profile to find more. I will try to attend it.

Most importantly if you want to succeed in real estate, is to surround yourself with people who are also doing the same thing.

Cheers!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • Unemployed
  • Dumfries and Galloway
Votes |
  • Unemployed
  • Dumfries and Galloway
Replied Oct 8 2014, 11:59

Hi @Ajay Kahlon

I know you've been investing in St. Catharines and wonder how it's been going there? I've started looking at the market fundamentals and they aren't great, but I've also seen some properties that cash flow decently. Can you update us with your experience there?