User Stats

Votes
Ian Stromski
Votes |
Military Moving to McGuire AFB, NJ Looking to Invest and Connect

Ian Stromski
Posted Feb 11 2024, 01:18

Hi!
I am moving to McGuire AFB within the next several months. I am looking to take advantage of my VA loan and move into a 3 or 4 unit househack with my partner. I am later looking to get involved with BRRRR (about half-way through the book now). Looking to connect with anyone in the area who has some investing experience, lessons learned, or just wants to chat about military/real estate!

Thanks a ton! 

Ian

User Stats

Votes
Hamp Lee III
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Feb 11 2024, 14:27

Welcome to BiggerPockets!

I'm active duty Air Force with less than one year to retirement. I maxed out my VA loan with three properties, so it's great to hear how you want to use yours.

I wish you all the best.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Thomson#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Feb 12 2024, 15:01

@Ian Stromski you should absolutely House Hack with a VA loan. It is difficult to combine a BRRRR with a house hack. Especially for your first one. I have a couple thoughts:

1. Finding a good BRRRR deal often means you found the deal. Anyone who finds a deal good enough to BRRRR is probably going to keep it themselves. This requires expense, time, and marketing.

2. House Hacking - especially when combined with 0% down VA loans provides tremendous returns on the very small amount you have invested to purchase the home. Don't pass up those returns tryin to hunt down a homerun BRRRR on your first deal. Get into real estate investing with a House Hack double.

3. If you find a BRRRR later you can certainly do that then.

House Hack Colorado Springs Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ian Stromski
Votes |
Replied Feb 12 2024, 20:31

Thank you, congrats on an impending retirement!