Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Latesha W.
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
rookie needing to break in this market. any advice?

Latesha W.
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Aug 28 2014, 19:52

Hello latesha here, I'm new to wholesaling is there anyone out that can refer me to a great coach that seriously work with me? None of these guru guys please.  Thanks in advance

User Stats

Votes
William Johnson
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Laval, Québec
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Laval, Québec
Replied Aug 28 2014, 20:09

I would recommend that you find some signs that are put up in your area and offer to wholesale exclusively to them for a year in return that they teach you how to find and bring deals to them.  That is what I did and it was the best thing I have ever done.

User Stats

Votes
Latesha W.
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Aug 28 2014, 20:20

How does that exactly work? I really don't mind paying for a mentor I'm just needing to know if they dependable as you may already know there are a lot of coaches and guru coaches out there that are to expensive in addition to that it's so many to pick from. 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Hicks
  • Carson, CA
Votes |
  • Carson, CA
Replied Aug 29 2014, 12:53

Latesha,

Welcome to the game.  What training have you had in wholesaling?  If you are focusing in Minnesota, where are the hot zones where investors are buying?  Let me know and then I will recommend a coach

Kevin 

User Stats

Votes
Latesha W.
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Aug 29 2014, 12:58

I'm really not to sure from my understanding minneapolis and Rochester Minnesota.  Do you know of any local coaches here in Minnesota? 

User Stats

Votes
Latesha W.
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Aug 29 2014, 12:59

I'm really not to sure from my understanding minneapolis and Rochester Minnesota.  Do you know of any local coaches here in Minnesota? Thanks for your response.

User Stats

Votes
William Johnson
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Laval, Québec
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Laval, Québec
Replied Aug 31 2014, 07:19
Originally posted by @Latesha W.:

How does that exactly work? I really don't mind paying for a mentor I'm just needing to know if they dependable as you may already know there are a lot of coaches and guru coaches out there that are to expensive in addition to that it's so many to pick from. 

You call people who invest already and you volunteer to work for them for free.  It is essentially an unpaid internship.  You find people who invest already by networking and looking for marketing material by people who already buy houses.

User Stats

Votes
Brian K.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Buffalo, MN
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Buffalo, MN
Replied Aug 31 2014, 10:44

@Latesha W. welcome to BP. I would do some searching around the site, learning as much as you can with what interest you. Network with other BP members, attend some local meetups or mnriea meetings, you can meet lots of other investors there.

User Stats

Votes
Latesha W.
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Aug 31 2014, 11:58

@ Bryant k thankful you so much for the info