Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Darvin Ezell
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Anyone have look getting leads on Craigslist?

Darvin Ezell
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Oct 1 2014, 07:52

I have been looking on craigslist to try and find motivated sellers, but most of the ads I see on there are from other wholesalers trying to market their deals and arent motivated to negotiate. And most of the properties I see that could possibly be a deal have terrible comps and dont leave any room to make a profit from wholesaling or flipping it. Any one have luck with craigslist?

User Stats

Votes
Brandon M.
  • Agent / Investor
  • Clearwater, FL
Votes |
  • Agent / Investor
  • Clearwater, FL
Replied Oct 1 2014, 10:28

Darvin, 

Craigslist seems to be inundated with investors/brokers posting all of their properties on there, mainly because it is easiest and cheapest (Free!). I did locate one deal on there, you could tell it was a homeowner because it was POORLY written. As in it was hard to even make out from the post what she was even talking about. After meeting the seller she likely posted while on some illegal substance. We jumped on it as soon as we saw it and were lucky to be the first ones to contact her. 

That being said i think GOOD deals on CL are few and far between. Too many people looking and posting. CL seems to be one of the easy/lazy ways to find a deal, the best luck with deals seem to be found by the people who are out hustling. Mailing letters, postcards, driving for dollars, knocking on doors, getting out and talking to people. 

I have generally found CL has not been the best return for my time searching on there. 

User Stats

Votes
Darvin Ezell
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied Oct 1 2014, 11:48
Originally posted by @Brandon M.:

Darvin, 

Craigslist seems to be inundated with investors/brokers posting all of their properties on there, mainly because it is easiest and cheapest (Free!). I did locate one deal on there, you could tell it was a homeowner because it was POORLY written. As in it was hard to even make out from the post what she was even talking about. After meeting the seller she likely posted while on some illegal substance. We jumped on it as soon as we saw it and were lucky to be the first ones to contact her. 

That being said i think GOOD deals on CL are few and far between. Too many people looking and posting. CL seems to be one of the easy/lazy ways to find a deal, the best luck with deals seem to be found by the people who are out hustling. Mailing letters, postcards, driving for dollars, knocking on doors, getting out and talking to people. 

I have generally found CL has not been the best return for my time searching on there. 

yea thats what it seems like. Even the wholesale deals i see on there dont arent priced good enough to make any money on a rehab. CL is looking like a waste of time unless some luck is involved with a one off situation like what you found.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes