BiggerPockets

Hottest Market in the US!!!

Forum Powered By:

42 posts by 16 users

To participate in forum discussions, create a free account or login.

Scott W.

Illinois

Nov 08 '12, 09:49 AM

i like your enthusiasm but can you chill on the "see u at the TOP!"?

Stephon Meadors

Real Estate Investor from Raleigh, North Carolina

Nov 08 '12, 10:38 AM

Scott,

Hey! For what reason should I stop saying "See you at the top?" When we get to the TOP, that's when we'll stop. And honestly we probably wont stop then. See u at the TOP!!!

Stephon & Ed

Stephon Meadors

Nov 08 '12, 10:47 AM

Hey Guys,

This forum is the help, inspire, and motivate others. We are not here to argue , downplay, or disrespect anyone. If you have something to say or ask please do, we respond to all, but from this point forward, if its not about RE investing or how to better yourself, it really doesn't matter. See U at the TOP!!!

Stephon & Ed

Sarah Walker

Vinings, Georgia

Nov 08 '12, 11:13 AM

Hey Stephon,

I'm a new Real Estate Entrepreneur, as well. Literally just jumped into this within the past two weeks. I have a strong list of leads, but no houses under contract just yet.. very soon, though!! My husband is my business partner, and we have the EXACT same enthusiasm as you do! It's great to see someone as excited as you! I got a bunch of great tips from this thread, so thank you! I wish you nothing but success, and I'll see YOU at the top ;-)

Scott W.

Illinois

Nov 08 '12, 12:02 PM

ok, i'll see you @ the top then! :)

Stephon Meadors

Nov 08 '12, 12:05 PM

Sarah,

Thanks! That's awesome. Much success to you and your husband. If you guys need anything please let us know if we can help. I'm glad some of the information you've read was helpful. Someone gave us the info so it's only right that we share. We have an extreme thirst for knowledge so we are always learning, if there is something we can share we will! And your right see U at the TOP!!!

Stephon & Ed

Jon Klaus Moderator Donor

Real Estate Investor from Garland, Texas

Nov 08 '12, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by Scott W.:
ok, i'll see you @ the top then! :)

You cannot resist the powerful gravitational pull to the top here at BP!

Jon Klaus, SellPropertyFast
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 214-929-6545

Nov 08 '12, 12:17 PM

Re: See you at the top. Zig Ziglar was a big influence to me when I got started in business. It helps being from the same city, so I got to see him live. Incredible energy and optimism, even when he was in his 70's. He actually released his latest book this year. He is 86.

Stephon Meadors

Nov 08 '12, 12:22 PM

Jon,

Can you recommend some books to check out? I don't think I've read any of his books. Thanks again

Stephon & Ed

Nov 08 '12, 12:31 PM

Stephon, the classic is "See You at the Top." I'd start there. If you like it and want to read more, study the Amazon reviews. Major themes are motivation, sales effectiveness, personal improvement, dealing well with people, Christian living, and leadership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zig_Ziglar

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=Zig%20Ziglar&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3AZig%20Ziglar

Abdul R.

Real Estate Investor from Piscataway, New Jersey

Nov 08 '12, 01:02 PM

HI Stephon,

Great news and way to go! I am trying to get started wholesaling in Central NJ, and now inspired by your success. I am still learning and looking for all the help I can get.

Abdul

Sean F.

Real Estate Investor from Hialeah, Florida

Nov 08 '12, 02:04 PM

I loved reading through this thread. See you at the top Stephon!

Stephon Meadors

Nov 08 '12, 02:33 PM

Hey,

Jon thanks for the recommendations. Ill be sure to check those out and Ill get back to you.

Abdul, that's great man you made a great decision. Anything we can do to help, please let us know. I know its a lot going on up your way right now, but I'm glad to hear something positive has inspired you and we wish you much successful. No matter who is in your area nobody can buy all the properties, NOBODY! There are sooo many Great deals out there. Be persistent. Be patience. Be Motivated and you'll find that wholesaling is an absolute great way to get into real estate.

Sean, See U at the TOP!!!

Stephon & Ed
RM Equity Investments LLC

Chris Clothier Donor

Real Estate Investor from memphis, Tennessee

Nov 08 '12, 02:33 PM
2 votes

@Stephon Meadors -

I laughed when I read about your dollar bill showing thru the window. I have been doing that for about 3 years now and to different groups for different reasons. The highest response we received on this technique was when we mailed to investors who have purchased properties in our area and they appear to have paid cash. I use 9x12 colored envelopes with a letter inside and stack card with call to action inside and the dollar bill is actually attached to the letter and folded. The front side of the dollar bill has a yellow stickie attached that says "the first dollar of many!". The back side of the folded bill actually hangs out the envelope and peeks out below the folded flap with the adhesive.

Unusual sized, red envelopes with dollar bills peeking out tend to get opened!

We have run it to other lists, but never to home sellers and we have never had the same kind of open rate as the one we get from cash buyers. Keep it up and good luck with your business.

All the best -

Chris

Medium_new_mi_logoChris Clothier, Memphis Invest, GP
Telephone: 901-212-9647
www.MemphisInvest.com 1(877)-773-9998 Chris D Clothier

Stephon Meadors

Nov 08 '12, 02:40 PM

Chris,

Hey Thanks. That's a great tip. I was shocked when I was told this, but its creative. Marketing is the key to our business, so Ill try everything to make my business successful.

Best Regards,

Stephon & Ed
EM Equity Investments LLC

Leon D

Real Estate Investor from Tampa, Florida

Nov 08 '12, 08:21 PM

I have some novelty $100 bills around here that look pretty real. I am wondering if they might work in the same fashion. This might warrant a bit of test marketing. Hmmm.

Chris Clothier Donor

Real Estate Investor from memphis, Tennessee

Nov 09 '12, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by @Leon D:
I have some novelty $100 bills around here that look pretty real. I am wondering if they might work in the same fashion. This might warrant a bit of test marketing. Hmmm.

Leon D -

I've experimented with different things inside of lumpy mail. That is really what this is by the way. It is mail with something that catches the attention of the recipient and gets them to open. When you use fake money it does not work. When we have experimented with fake bills and even fake coins inside of tube mailers, the response rate drops well below the response rate of your normal everyday letter or postcard. I would not suggest using something that makes you look cheap or like you are faking it until you make it. At some things that is good but in direct mail marketing, I have tested it and it does not work. Stick to letters, postcards or yellow letters until you have the ability to test other things that are going to be more expensive like mailing dollar bills.

All the best - Chris

Medium_new_mi_logoChris Clothier, Memphis Invest, GP
Telephone: 901-212-9647
www.MemphisInvest.com 1(877)-773-9998 Chris D Clothier

Stephon Meadors

Nov 09 '12, 01:32 PM

Good info Chris thx

Stephon & Ed

J Scott Moderator Donor

Real Estate Investor from Ellicott City, Maryland

Nov 09 '12, 07:13 PM
2 votes

Originally posted by Chris Clothier:

Unusual sized, red envelopes with dollar bills peeking out tend to get opened!

But, hopefully not before they get to their intended recipient! :)

Medium_lishproplogoJ Scott, Lish Properties, LLC
CHECK OUT MY BIGGERPOCKETS BOOKS: http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

(Don't Want to See This? Log in or Create a Free BiggerPockets.com Account!)

Ubg-book

Get the Free eBook from BiggerPockets

Get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks, and techniques delivered straight to your inbox weekly!

• Actionable Advice for Getting Started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more!

We hate spam just as much as you

To post a reply or start a new discussion, create a free account or login.

Manage Keyword Alerts

View All Forums