BiggerPockets Government Foreclosures

Main / Find Government Foreclosure Properties



Real Estate Investing Home
Real Estate Forums
BiggerPockets Blog
Real Estate Investing Blogs
Real Estate News
Real Estate Articles
Real Estate Resources

Real Estate Tools

Credit Reports & FICO
Find House Values & Comps
Maps & Mapping Services
Mortgage Center
Real Estate Interviews
Property Analysis Software
Real Estate Abbreviations
Real Estate Glossary
Real Estate Services
Record Searches & RE Law
Forms & Contracts
Mortgage Calculator

Foreclosure Resources

The Foreclosure Process
Where to Find Foreclosures
State Foreclosure Laws
Bank REO Listings
Government Foreclosures
Asset Management REO

Landlord Tools & Resources

Fair Market Rents
Landlording Resources
Management Companies
Online Property Management
Online Rent Payment
Section 8 Resources
Tenant Screening


Hard Money Lenders
Rehabbing Resources

Specialized Properties

Commercial Real Estate
Farm & Rural Land Sites
Land & Property Auctions


1031 Exchanges
County Records Offices
Real Estate Investment Clubs
CashFlow 101/202 Clubs

Site Info

About Us
Advertise with Us
BiggerPockets Partners
Contact Us
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service

  Directory of Government Foreclosures

Looking for Government Foreclosure Properties? HUD and FHA are not the only places to find properties. We've located other sources of Government properties for sale, which you can find below the advertisement.

Discuss these opportunities at our Real Estate Foreclosures Forum or HUD, VA, & Tax Sales Forum.


Government Foreclosure Properties

  • Fannie Mae - Owned Property Search
    Search for properties that have been foreclosed by Fannie Mae, a government established housing corporation.
  • FDIC: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
    The FDIC offers properties for sale and auction on their website.
  • General Services Administration: Office of Property Disposal
    The GSA sells real estate throughout the US in both rural and urban, including homes, vacant land, office buildings, Military Bases, subdivisions etc. GSA specializes in real estate that was once used for Federal Government missions and is therefore usually commercial type properties.
    "These previously owned homes are for sale by public auction or other method depending on the property. Anyone can buy a home for sale by the U.S. Government, but you must work with a real estate agent, broker or servicing representative to submit an offer or bid."
  • HUD Homes
    Website of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. If you want to buy a HUD home, you need to contact a real estate broker in your area who is authorized to sell HUD homes (most are). Your broker will submit a bid for you.
  • SBA: Small Business Administration
    Listings of SBA acquired properties around the US
  • The Department of the Treasury / IRS / Customs
    Under authority of the Internal Revenue Code, the property described here has been seized or acquired for nonpayment of internal revenue taxes and will be sold.
  • US Army Corps of Engineers HAP Properties
    Locate properties offered by the Homeowners Assistance Program (HAP)
  • USDA: United States Department of Agriculture
    Find pending foreclosures and acquired properties for sale by the USDA
  • United States Marshals Service
    Locate properties seized by the marshals service. Disposing Department of Justice's Asset Forfeiture Program properties


Note: All information on this site is subject to change. Please read our Privacy Policy.
Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement.

Copyright © 2004-2015 BiggerPockets, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
BiggerPockets ® is a registered trademark of BiggerPockets, Inc.