Real estate investing is about more than just making money in the here and now – it’s also about setting up your future for a solid retirement with minimal hassle and maximum wealth. However, planning for that time in your life is not always the most easy-to-understand task. To help, we sit down with investment specialist Jeff Brown, a very common face around the BiggerPockets Blog, to discuss some of the best ways to find mentors, what you can do to start preparing for retirement right now, and how to invest in notes using cash or your self directed IRA or 401K. This show is filled with a lot of really actionable, in-depth content so be sure to have your notepad ready – you’re going to need it!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- How to find mentors to help train and teach
- Why real estate brokers make the best mentors
- What CCIM is and why you should consider it
- How much do you need to quit your job and go “Full Time?”
- Why $1 million might not be enough for you for retirement
- 3 paths to maximize after-tax income.
- Why “cash flow” might be overrated when beginning
- Why you should STOP investing in your 401K and IRAs – even with a “company match”
- Investing in notes vs. property … why one is better than the other
- How to find good notes to invest in
- 3 Case studies – what should a 25 year old do, a 45 year old do, or a 60 year old do for retirement?
- and more
Books Mentioned in the Show:
Links from the Show:
“The best mentoring you can get is often at the 19th hole around a plate of fries.” (Tweet This!)
“Don’t leave money on the table just because you want the pleasure of being able to drive by your investment.” (Tweet This!)
“When you retire, the one with the most options wins” (Tweet This!)
“I want to retire yesterday afternoon around 4:30!” (Tweet This!)