Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we chat with Mike McKinzie, a full time real estate investor from Garden Grove, CA. Mike is an investor and former property manager who has personally dealt with over 5,000 real estate transactions, but focuses most of his attention today on using property management to invest both locally and out of state.
This show explores a variety of topics related to buy and hold real estate investing and offers a significant amount of actionable information on how to set up property management, covering everything from what questions to ask, what should be expected, and a whole lot more!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show We Cover…
- Growing up in a real estate family
- Hybrid real estate investing
- The key is to success in rental properties
- Getting your real estate license as an investor
- How to prepare yourself for future-changing markets
- If you’re going to invest based on appreciation, THIS is how you do it!
- The importance of updating trusts…
- How property managers can turn into lead sources
- How do you vet property managers?
- What does a property manager do?
- Managing your own portfolio
- How neighbors will help you keep an eye on your property
- How to deal with HOA’s the right way!
- The importance of due diligence
- The difference between housing classes
- Dealing with marijuana
- And a whole lot more!
Links from the Show:
- The Ultimate Guide to Growing Your Business with BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts by Brandon Turner
- The BiggerPockets Keyword Alert System
Books Mentioned in the Show:
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing by BiggerPockets.com
“You are the boss of your property manager…fire them if need be!” (Tweet This!)
“Make friends with the neighbors of your property, and you’ll always have eyes on your property…” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Mike:
- Mike’s BiggerPocket Profile