Stationed on Oahu & Ready to Put in the Work | Looking for Creative Financing Mentors

Honolulu, HawaiiWantEducationMentor
Classifieds

Stationed on Oahu & Ready to Put in the Work | Looking for Creative Financing Mentors

Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Hey BiggerPockets Community,

I recently finished Pace Morby’s Wealth Without Cash, and it completely shifted my perspective on what’s possible with real estate. Between that and diving deep into real estate investing strategies over the last few months, I’m hooked on the potential of creative financing (subject-to, seller finance, hybrid deals, etc.).

Right now, I’m active-duty military stationed on Oahu, Hawaii. My immediate goal is simple: surround myself with trustworthy, experienced, and like-minded investors who are actively doing deals, and learn the practical side of creative finance.

I’m not looking for a free ride or asking anyone to do the heavy lifting for me. I’m ready to take action—whether that means knocking on doors, driving for dollars, leaving notes, or bringing leads to experienced investors who know how to structure and close them. I bring a strong work ethic, military discipline, and a genuine desire to add value to someone’s team or pipeline while learning the ropes.

I’d love to connect if you are:

An active investor in Hawaii (or virtual investors executing creative deals) open to networking.

Someone looking for a reliable, boots-on-the-ground partner to help scout or follow up on leads locally.

Part of a local real estate group, meetup, or mastermind on the island that focuses on creative deal structuring.

If you’re open to a quick call, grabbing a coffee on the island, or pointing me toward local meetups that are actually worth attending, please drop a reply below or send me a Direct Message.

Looking forward to connecting and building solid relationships here!

Best regards,

James

1Reply
92 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2mo
    Quote from @James Mitchell:

    Hey BiggerPockets Community,

    I recently finished Pace Morby’s Wealth Without Cash, and it completely shifted my perspective on what’s possible with real estate. Between that and diving deep into real estate investing strategies over the last few months, I’m hooked on the potential of creative financing (subject-to, seller finance, hybrid deals, etc.).

    Right now, I’m active-duty military stationed on Oahu, Hawaii. My immediate goal is simple: surround myself with trustworthy, experienced, and like-minded investors who are actively doing deals, and learn the practical side of creative finance.

    I’m not looking for a free ride or asking anyone to do the heavy lifting for me. I’m ready to take action—whether that means knocking on doors, driving for dollars, leaving notes, or bringing leads to experienced investors who know how to structure and close them. I bring a strong work ethic, military discipline, and a genuine desire to add value to someone’s team or pipeline while learning the ropes.

    I’d love to connect if you are:

    An active investor in Hawaii (or virtual investors executing creative deals) open to networking.

    Someone looking for a reliable, boots-on-the-ground partner to help scout or follow up on leads locally.

    Part of a local real estate group, meetup, or mastermind on the island that focuses on creative deal structuring.

    If you’re open to a quick call, grabbing a coffee on the island, or pointing me toward local meetups that are actually worth attending, please drop a reply below or send me a Direct Message.

    Looking forward to connecting and building solid relationships here!

    Best regards,

    James

    Pace Morby can be reckless in his investing techniques. The idea works, it's just that his implementation needs a few changes to be legal and still work. Oahu is kind of spendy from what I've heard and creative finance requires a solid financial background to not get sued. I don't know if Pace Morby mentions it but he had 10 Due on sale called in Maricopa county (Phoenix) Jan thru March of 2025 alone. So, you've got to know the downside and how to deal with it before getting into creative finance.
  • Vijay FriedmanBusiness Member
    Miami, FL · Member since 2026 · 766 posts · 122 votes
    2mo
    Quote from @James Mitchell:

    Hey BiggerPockets Community,

    I recently finished Pace Morby’s Wealth Without Cash, and it completely shifted my perspective on what’s possible with real estate. Between that and diving deep into real estate investing strategies over the last few months, I’m hooked on the potential of creative financing (subject-to, seller finance, hybrid deals, etc.).

    Right now, I’m active-duty military stationed on Oahu, Hawaii. My immediate goal is simple: surround myself with trustworthy, experienced, and like-minded investors who are actively doing deals, and learn the practical side of creative finance.

    I’m not looking for a free ride or asking anyone to do the heavy lifting for me. I’m ready to take action—whether that means knocking on doors, driving for dollars, leaving notes, or bringing leads to experienced investors who know how to structure and close them. I bring a strong work ethic, military discipline, and a genuine desire to add value to someone’s team or pipeline while learning the ropes.

    I’d love to connect if you are:

    An active investor in Hawaii (or virtual investors executing creative deals) open to networking.

    Someone looking for a reliable, boots-on-the-ground partner to help scout or follow up on leads locally.

    Part of a local real estate group, meetup, or mastermind on the island that focuses on creative deal structuring.

    If you’re open to a quick call, grabbing a coffee on the island, or pointing me toward local meetups that are actually worth attending, please drop a reply below or send me a Direct Message.

    Looking forward to connecting and building solid relationships here!

    Best regards,

    James

    @James Mitchell
    Love the mindset and willingness to put in the work. Being boots on the ground and learning from experienced investors is a great way to build a strong foundation. Wishing you success as you grow your network in Hawaii!

    DreamPoint Capital
    • Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 3 votes
      2mo
      Quote from @Vijay Friedman:
      Quote from @James Mitchell:

      Hey BiggerPockets Community,

      I recently finished Pace Morby’s Wealth Without Cash, and it completely shifted my perspective on what’s possible with real estate. Between that and diving deep into real estate investing strategies over the last few months, I’m hooked on the potential of creative financing (subject-to, seller finance, hybrid deals, etc.).

      Right now, I’m active-duty military stationed on Oahu, Hawaii. My immediate goal is simple: surround myself with trustworthy, experienced, and like-minded investors who are actively doing deals, and learn the practical side of creative finance.

      I’m not looking for a free ride or asking anyone to do the heavy lifting for me. I’m ready to take action—whether that means knocking on doors, driving for dollars, leaving notes, or bringing leads to experienced investors who know how to structure and close them. I bring a strong work ethic, military discipline, and a genuine desire to add value to someone’s team or pipeline while learning the ropes.

      I’d love to connect if you are:

      An active investor in Hawaii (or virtual investors executing creative deals) open to networking.

      Someone looking for a reliable, boots-on-the-ground partner to help scout or follow up on leads locally.

      Part of a local real estate group, meetup, or mastermind on the island that focuses on creative deal structuring.

      If you’re open to a quick call, grabbing a coffee on the island, or pointing me toward local meetups that are actually worth attending, please drop a reply below or send me a Direct Message.

      Looking forward to connecting and building solid relationships here!

      Best regards,

      James

      @James Mitchell
      Love the mindset and willingness to put in the work. Being boots on the ground and learning from experienced investors is a great way to build a strong foundation. Wishing you success as you grow your network in Hawaii!


       Appreciate the kind words and encouragement, Vijay! Right now I'm focused on soaking up as much knowledge as possible and connecting with experienced folks in the space. Best of luck with your deals as well!

  • Member since 2026 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    2mo

    Hey Ken,

    Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective—I really appreciate the insight and the reality check.

    You hit the nail on the head. Reading Wealth Without Cash, I definitely felt like a lot of concepts and terms were thrown around at a breakneck speed, and it’s clear that some of those strategies carry significant risk if executed without proper legal safeguards and financial backing. 

    That’s actually why I’m taking a more balanced approach to learning. Alongside creative finance concepts, I’ve been reading books by Gary Keller, Dave Meyer, Steve Chader, and others to make sure I build a solid baseline in fundamental real estate principles, market analysis, and standard buy-and-hold strategies.

    Right now, my primary focus is in the saving and education phase. My immediate goal is to position myself financially and execute an owner-occupied house hack/hold property when I PCS back to the mainland for my next assignment.

    Mainly, I’m just looking to connect with like-minded, experienced folks who enjoy talking real estate, sharing lessons learned, and keeping each other grounded in realistic strategies. Almost every book I read says to find an experienced mentor.

    Thanks again for looking out and pointing that out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.