What to do if a realtor probably isn't submitting offers

What to do if a realtor probably isn't submitting offers

Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2012 · 292 posts · 34 votes

Hi, is there anything that can be done if you suspect that an agent isn't submitting ALL offers/counteroffers to the person he represents?

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
13y

Sean, do you suspect this because you are getting o responses? Don't expect a response if you're sending out a lot of low ball offers to agents. When I get one, I forward it because I'm generally required to, but many times I'll indicate the the price in the email, and seller knows not to even bother opening it up.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y

    If you can't prove it, it's probably not worth your time. Do you think the seller knows/cares that their agent isn't submitting offers? If so, feel free to contact the seller and let them know.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    Sean, do you suspect this because you are getting o responses? Don't expect a response if you're sending out a lot of low ball offers to agents. When I get one, I forward it because I'm generally required to, but many times I'll indicate the the price in the email, and seller knows not to even bother opening it up.

  • White House, TN · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    Let the agent know you are prepared to make an offer but you would like the seller to be there so you can negotiate a deal right then. Explain to them you are prepared to close quickly and you do several deals a month and don't have time to wait weeks to reach a deal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.