I'm looking to buy a rental in the triad area. In general I'm looking for info like, what zipcodes are better for investing, is airbnb a unit beneficial there.
Are there any things we need to learn about the NC real estate market?
Real Estate Agent · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2021 · 56 posts · 65 votes
4y
@Raj Kandragula When I first started identifying which areas within the Triad I wanted to focus on it helped to set up custom pins on Google Maps to get a feel for different neighborhoods. For example, you can pin locations that would be desirable for tenants to live close to (good schools,grocery stores, shopping, movie theatre, etc.) and then set up searches within those areas.
Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
@Raj Kandragula it all depends on your strategy. Are you looking to buy above the median price point or below it. Do you want to have a short-term rental or do you want to build a portfolio of rentals? It all depends on what you want to do. I buy a lot in the Triad area. We have about 15 properties there now and we are looking to buy about 300 over the next few years.
Real Estate Agent · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2021 · 56 posts · 65 votes
4y
@Raj Kandragula When I first started identifying which areas within the Triad I wanted to focus on it helped to set up custom pins on Google Maps to get a feel for different neighborhoods. For example, you can pin locations that would be desirable for tenants to live close to (good schools,grocery stores, shopping, movie theatre, etc.) and then set up searches within those areas.
@Raj Kandragula it all depends on your strategy. Are you looking to buy above the median price point or below it. Do you want to have a short-term rental or do you want to build a portfolio of rentals? It all depends on what you want to do. I buy a lot in the Triad area. We have about 15 properties there now and we are looking to buy about 300 over the next few years.
Let me know if I can be of help.
Hi Shiloh,
I'm looking to build a portfolio of rentals. The price point I'm looking at is at or below the median pricing.
Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
@Raj Kandragula Sounds great. That means that you will probably want to connect with wholesalers in the Triad area. That is how we get most of our under market deals.