First time investor wanting to take action

First time investor wanting to take action

Dallas, TX · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 6 votes

Hello everyone, my name is Jorge Garcia and I am currently a travel nurse here in Dallas, TX. My friend and I, who is also a travel nurse are wanting to partner up and take action to start buying property together. We are both interested in single and multi family homes in the price range of 150-350k. I have read the books, listened to the podcasts all for going on a year now and am ready to deploy my money in 3-6 months time. The purpose for this post is to start networking and building relationships. Looking for recommendations on real estate agents in the Dallas area. Like David Green says: digging your well before you’re thirsty. Thank y’all I’m advance and looking forward to working with y’all! 

4Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · DFW · Member since 2015 · 350 posts · 270 votes
4y

I'm a real estate agent and investor in DFW. Completed 83 deals last year and am already at around 30 or so this year and work with a bunch of investors and would love to help you guys out. 

DFW is one of the hottest markets in the country but there are still deals to be had if you look hard enough! Welcome to the journey 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · DFW · Member since 2015 · 350 posts · 270 votes
    4y

    I'm a real estate agent and investor in DFW. Completed 83 deals last year and am already at around 30 or so this year and work with a bunch of investors and would love to help you guys out. 

    DFW is one of the hottest markets in the country but there are still deals to be had if you look hard enough! Welcome to the journey 

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Harrison Sharp:

    I'm a real estate agent and investor in DFW. Completed 83 deals last year and am already at around 30 or so this year and work with a bunch of investors and would love to help you guys out. 

    DFW is one of the hottest markets in the country but there are still deals to be had if you look hard enough! Welcome to the journey 


     Thank you for the reply! Yes I agree Dallas is a hot market right now and that’s why my friend and I are ready to take action. I’d love to talk more about real estate with you if possible 

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 19 votes
    4y

    @Jorge Guilson Garcia, DFW is a great place to be, love that you are ready to take action! Also, teaming up with a friend is such a great strategy that I think is often overlooked. I wish you the best, you would be in great hands w/ @Harrison Sharp!

  • Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    I'm a travel nurse as well on the same journey. Good luck to you!

  • Lender · Newark, NJ · Member since 2016 · 695 posts · 252 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Harrison Sharp:

    I'm a real estate agent and investor in DFW. Completed 83 deals last year and am already at around 30 or so this year and work with a bunch of investors and would love to help you guys out. 

    DFW is one of the hottest markets in the country but there are still deals to be had if you look hard enough! Welcome to the journey 


     lets work

  • Denver McClurePro Member
    Financial Advisor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 659 posts · 479 votes
    4y

    Hey @Jorge Guilson Garcia! Congrats on taking the steps to buy your first rental property! I've acquired quite a few rentals in the Dallas market (check my profile) and would be happy to help provide recommendations on agents, lenders, and tips that will help you both get started. I currently am househacking a duplex in bishop arts with my roommate (also a travel nurse) lol. Let's connect!

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y

    I am currently a Nurse working in Dallas as well. I have thought about getting in to the travel nursing field a few times but have yet to pull the trigger on that since my children are still young. I am still working hard on trying to find a good deal for the first rental property for my wife and I. Good luck to you!

  • Investor · TX · Member since 2020 · 57 posts · 60 votes
    4y

    So excited for you. I love the single family long term rentals as well as short term rentals. Also love investing in larger passive commercial real estate syndications. Its all about the cashflow and equity. You do need to get plugged into a local educational RE meet ups. You can go to the meetup app and type in DFW. There you can actually meet live other like minded investors, brokers, wholesalers etc... so you can start getting deal flow and start to deploy your money. A lot of times they also offer educational courses on how to ID good deals and BRRR method the money out down the road.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2020 · 302 posts · 186 votes
    4y

    @Jorge Guilson Garcia teaming up is a great idea! In the beginning, what matters most is getting started. Analyze a deal a day until you feel comfortable pulling the trigger. The first deal doesn't normally end up mattering.

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Good luck with your investments!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.