Need a broker of record for new PM company!

Need a broker of record for new PM company!

Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 12 votes

I'm in contact with a few landlords and may have the opportunity to have 30+ units under management. However, the current broker that I am with, EXP, does not allow property management. I do not want to join another brokerage to do PM because I love the team I'm with. 

I will need to start my own property management company and hire a broker of record. 

We can work out the details of the pay/structure once agreed upon. 

Thanks.



0Reply
37 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    4y

    Lot of work for only 30 doors.

    You'll need an LLC, operating & escrow bank accounts, E&O Insurance, accounting & transaction/PM software, etc.

  • Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 12 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Drew Sygit:

    Lot of work for only 30 doors.

    You'll need an LLC, operating & escrow bank accounts, E&O Insurance, accounting & transaction/PM software, etc.


     Yes that's fine, eventually I'd like to grow to 1000+ doors and this is the stepping stone. 

  • Realtor · Long Beach, NY · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    Hi Phu. I have a similar situation. What did you do?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.