Opportunities in this market and weathering the storm. Creative

Opportunities in this market and weathering the storm. Creative

Lender · OH · Member since 2022 · 113 posts · 77 votes

Hey, guys, just wanted to reach out to the agents and honestly investors as well.  I just wanted to see how you guys are being competitive in this market and creating opportunities to win deals and consistently keep the lead flow coming in!  I really enjoy the "tough times" in the markets because the true go getters stand out and we have the opportunity to build that grit and see it through.  Right now as I see it we have an opportunity to build on relationships and really build a CRM for now and the future.  Continue to keep your heads up and keep pushing through, all we have to do is keep weathering the storm.  But very curious to compare ideas and see how you guys are continuing to dominate not only the client experience but as well as success in your business.

1Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Coach · Boise, ID · Member since 2022 · 177 posts · 285 votes
3y

Don’t keep your knowledge to yourself. Use the power of social media and educate your clients passively. I consider myself an educator first, be a reasonable voice in the mass hysteria and spread what I’ve learned as far and wide as I can, for free. I believe the law of reciprocity; what you put out there will be returned to you.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 76 posts · 21 votes
    3y

    I don’t have anything creative to offer but just keep going! Don’t stop doing what you’ve been doing and keep going! Stay educated, continue to educate your clients, continue to market yourself, don’t watch the news, study the market daily if not weekly, connect with trusted lenders who can keep you informed and offer creative financing options for your clients.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    This market has helped sharpen my skills. It's easier to get lazy in a great market. Currently I am focusing on projects for 2023. That's out reach campaigns along with expanding in my market and others. Last 2 years weren't normal so it'll weed out a lot of people

  • Rental Property Investor · Doylestown, PA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    I'm already noticing less competition on deals which is starting (starting!) to get sellers to express flexibility on price.  I even had a broker call me to tell me about an off market property (my favorite kind) and admitted there probably wouldn't be a ton of offers (very different attitude than in the past!)

    I buy $3M+ commercial properties and up until recently competition was fierce and sellers were greedy (as is their right in a seller's market).  But the tide is changing.  Toughest thing now is getting decent financing.  Hard to predict where it's going and where it will be at in the next 12 months.  Best thing now as it always is.... networking!

  • Investor · Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Nicholas Salman Since I'm a lease option/sub2/owner finance guy the market here in Canada hasn't had much need for my skills the last few years. That's all changing now and I expect I'll have a good run for the next 5-10 years.

  • Lender · OH · Member since 2022 · 113 posts · 77 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Doug P.:

    @Nicholas Salman Since I'm a lease option/sub2/owner finance guy the market here in Canada hasn't had much need for my skills the last few years. That's all changing now and I expect I'll have a good run for the next 5-10 years.

    That’s great news for you brother! It’s all cyclical for sure. Wishing you the best of luck
  • Lender · OH · Member since 2022 · 113 posts · 77 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Qulia Brunson:

    I don’t have anything creative to offer but just keep going! Don’t stop doing what you’ve been doing and keep going! Stay educated, continue to educate your clients, continue to market yourself, don’t watch the news, study the market daily if not weekly, connect with trusted lenders who can keep you informed and offer creative financing options for your clients.

    I love this! Thank you
  • Lender · OH · Member since 2022 · 113 posts · 77 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Salvatore Lentini:

    I'm already noticing less competition on deals which is starting (starting!) to get sellers to express flexibility on price.  I even had a broker call me to tell me about an off market property (my favorite kind) and admitted there probably wouldn't be a ton of offers (very different attitude than in the past!)

    I buy $3M+ commercial properties and up until recently competition was fierce and sellers were greedy (as is their right in a seller's market).  But the tide is changing.  Toughest thing now is getting decent financing.  Hard to predict where it's going and where it will be at in the next 12 months.  Best thing now as it always is.... networking!


    This is great stuff! Best of love to you my friend!

  • Real Estate Coach · Boise, ID · Member since 2022 · 177 posts · 285 votes
    3y

    Don’t keep your knowledge to yourself. Use the power of social media and educate your clients passively. I consider myself an educator first, be a reasonable voice in the mass hysteria and spread what I’ve learned as far and wide as I can, for free. I believe the law of reciprocity; what you put out there will be returned to you.

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Having been through recessions, the crash, Covid and now this, it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I'd say start to touch base with every single person you have worked with.

    The biggest thing in this market is INFORMATION! For both buyers and sellers, it's important they understand how much "time" can cost them, as rates increase and values fall. Waiting isn't a good idea in this market. 

    For buyers, it's imperative that we be up on the different financing programs, DPA programs, Buy downs, etc. that are available, as these markets require creativity, and programs will be evolving.  

    Finding a way to get information to your clients is key. Maybe videos, newsletter, website, etc. Be consistent. (It's something I struggle with!) 

    Agents/Brokers, Please answer the following: 

    What's the best sources of qualified leads you've found? 

    What do you do that is most successful for you in your market? 

    What do you find to be the greatest return on marketing investment? 

    How is your local market doing? 

  • Investor · Fairfax, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
    3y

    The market is certainly changing faster than i thought. Brokers are actually getting back to me ready to make a deal on deals I forgotten about a month ago. As an investor your always looking, but a bit of patience will nut hurt you in this market. I call this period “The great reset”  A period in which we all need to breathe and reevaluate our holdings and perhaps our strategy going forward. For some its business as usual with a tweak to their underwriting of deals. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Nicholas Salman

    Just keep doing the things you already know work. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Creative financing, wether its assuming a note or seller financing with 0-3% down

  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Paul De Luca:

    @Nicholas Salman

    Just keep doing the things you already know work. 

     100% doing this. Not reinventing the wheel or getting too creative with financing. Not a good time for it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.