QUESTIONS and Introducing New Coldwell Banker Agent: Dren Aguado

QUESTIONS and Introducing New Coldwell Banker Agent: Dren Aguado

New to Real Estate · Gurnee, IL · Member since 2022 · 22 posts · 16 votes

Hello BP Forums! It is now been about 5 months since I've inserted myself into the world of Real Estate and wanted to let everyone know that I am now a licensed Real Estate Agent for Coldwell Banker Realty | Libertyville, IL Office!

While I'm still new and have much to learn, I'm so eager to get started. I want to utilize this excitement and transition it into being so focused and obsessed with giving my clients the best service possible. I am also a little insecure being a 22 year old in the business, but I'm going to utilize that relatability and try to appeal to a younger cliental.

My current plan is to keep attending and utilizing all the great classes and resources that Coldwell Banker has to offer. I will also be starting their bootcAMP for new agents this week and I'm super excited for that. 

QUESTION: What did you do, if anything, for income as you were starting your career as an agent?  

I am currently doing part-time work at The North Face on weekends and Panera Bread in the evenings after my real estate trainings and studying.

QUESTION: How did you get your first deal? and what did you learn from it? 

QUESTION: How did being an agent affect your investing journey?

If you read this, and maybe even commented on this post, thank you! I hope to get connected with more fellow agents ^-^

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y

@Dren Aguado

Good for you on getting started and continuing to learn.

As for your questions:

1) I had one house hack under my belt before getting started as an agent and jumped in full time. Before that I had worked a few jobs in commercial real estate.

2) I got my first sale from a referral and first investment from a property on the MLS.

3) Being an agent has made me a better investor by teaching clients how to make good investments and avoid potential pitfalls. It has also further expanded my network and helped me connect with the right people.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Dren Aguado

    Good for you on getting started and continuing to learn.

    As for your questions:

    1) I had one house hack under my belt before getting started as an agent and jumped in full time. Before that I had worked a few jobs in commercial real estate.

    2) I got my first sale from a referral and first investment from a property on the MLS.

    3) Being an agent has made me a better investor by teaching clients how to make good investments and avoid potential pitfalls. It has also further expanded my network and helped me connect with the right people.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 23 votes
    3y

    Hi @Dren Aguado !

    Nice to meet another fellow CB Realty within the Chicagoland market on these forums. Happy to connect and even serve as a mentor if needed. 

    As for your questions:

    1. I am a Data Scientist and leveraged that when starting my career as an agent to fund the start up costs and fees that go with being a realtor.

    2. My first deal was actually a family friend who had a VA loan so while most agents may start with conventional, I started with a VA and then my next loan was a FHA. I learned that no deals may be the same and you may be in a position where your offer does not always stand out so you have to use different techniques to make your client's offer stand out and luckily in both cases, we did just that!

    3. So I actually started as an investor and due to a few bad experiences with agents, I decided to become an agent myself and so far it has been amazing! I'm learning new things every day, I'm constantly able to access any listing whenever I want to and have the access to tools that I need such as setting up viewings and such without going through another agent. 

    Happy to Connect! Welcome to the world of Real Estate and Realtor!

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2022 · 41 posts · 21 votes
    3y

    Hi Dren,

    Congrats on getting your license and joining a brokerage! I am a new agent myself also working a w2 during the day so I don't have much to offer except encouragement! I am in the process of buying my second home and using myself as a test subject for my future appointments with clients. This is also making me an investor in the process as I am renting my current house. I chose to be an agent as I didn't know how else to get involved. I want to invest in more properties and hope to rub elbows with others already doing it, so being an agent seemed like a great networking tool.

    I also read David Greene's book for new agents and listen to several BP Podcasts. These have helped me talk freely with others about the market and give me ideas on how to find success. Make sure to connect! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.