The Real Estate Industry and AI

The Real Estate Industry and AI

Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 0 votes

What is your biggest concern for your future as an agent considering the integration of newer technologies like AI, Web3, Blockchain etc. in the real estate space?

How could you solve that concern?

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Cory J ThorntonBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2021 · 240 posts · 281 votes
3y

@Elizabeth Hernandez - I LOVE this question! This is something I have been trying to process. I do not think this is something to be afraid of, but it is absolutely something to understand and leverage. Real estate is going to be a highly relationship driven business and will move slower than other industries like manufacturing or food service. I think how all those things effect RE will also depend on the sector. For example, how they are leveraged in the hospitality industry will be very different than single family home sales ... and Farm leases may not change in my life time :) 

It very much comes around to that old adage that some people surf a wave and the same wave can knock other people off of their feet. My response to this question is trying to figure out where to stand so I can be the surfer. 

Question for you, what do you see as the low hanging fruits for agents to leverage and begin to adopt now, before the technology is mature?  

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cory J ThorntonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2021 · 240 posts · 281 votes
    3y

    @Elizabeth Hernandez - I LOVE this question! This is something I have been trying to process. I do not think this is something to be afraid of, but it is absolutely something to understand and leverage. Real estate is going to be a highly relationship driven business and will move slower than other industries like manufacturing or food service. I think how all those things effect RE will also depend on the sector. For example, how they are leveraged in the hospitality industry will be very different than single family home sales ... and Farm leases may not change in my life time :) 

    It very much comes around to that old adage that some people surf a wave and the same wave can knock other people off of their feet. My response to this question is trying to figure out where to stand so I can be the surfer. 

    Question for you, what do you see as the low hanging fruits for agents to leverage and begin to adopt now, before the technology is mature?  

  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Thanks for the reply @Cory J Thornton! 

    I agree with your wave analogy, my worry is for those that don't know how to surf! I have a background in engineering and try to immerse myself in new tech as it comes. That being said, I wonder how I may be able to leverage my real estate knowledge and engineering background to be able to give agents that leg up moving forward so they aren't knocked off their feet!


    This may be re-iterating what many others have said, but I believe the easiest first step an agent can make it to create an account with OpenAI and start exploring it's capabilities. If you learn how to prompt it well, I believe ChatGPT could take over 90% of your marketing and social media content generation. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Elizabeth Hernandez:

    What is your biggest concern for your future as an agent considering the integration of newer technologies like AI, Web3, Blockchain etc. in the real estate space?

    How could you solve that concern?

    Leverage it to your advantage.   Wouldn't it be nice to have AI review your database every day and tell you the top 10 of 2000 contacts you should call for business today?  Instead of just call the A names today and B names tomorrow?

    Wouldn't it be nice to have AI tell you the right listing price....or if the seller won't budge on "their" listing price, it could say, well you'll be on the market for 12 months at that price, go thru 3 price reductions, sell at this price, with X amount of retrade, but if you list at my price, we'll be done in 3 weeks with 10 offers over asking?

    Wouldn't it be nice for AI to recommend the best properties based on your client wishes?....so you can spend more time connecting with them.

    My concern is that there will be some app that people mistaking think is the real estate Killer app (like the horrible Zallow Estimate) that people think is better than an agent, and we have to spend time educating them about how wrong that is.....showing them for example that the company lost $1Bil buying houses, so their AI everyone thought was killer, really wasn't that good after all.

    I'm also scared about the creative side creating things that are not real, but being presented as real.  I personally don't really like the virtual staging.  Saw a house the other day with pictures of a virtual pool.  It looked real.   Sent to my client who was also fooled and a step ahead of me.  They had seen the house and pictures and drove to the house before I sent it to them only to find no pool.   They want to buy with a pool, not build one, so they were not happy....and I felt a little dumb not reading all the fine print that said the pool was virtual...and what it could be, not what it is.   The AI generated photos are pretty amazing.
  • Realtor · Los Angeles · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 12 votes
    3y

    I'm new to business so for me it comes down to learning the new stuff and adapting and also some of the old ways of doing things for knowledge purposes. 

  • Investor · farmingdale NY · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Hey there! I totally get your concern about the integration of AI, Web3, Blockchain, and other tech in the real estate space. But let me tell you, there's actually a lot to be excited about, especially when it comes to AI tools like ChatGPT!

    First off, ChatGPT can be a game-changer for agents and brokers. Imagine having a language model at your disposal that can help you with tedious tasks like crafting property descriptions, answering client inquiries, or even creating catchy headlines for your listings. It saves you time, and let's face it, time is money.

    Take, for example, writing property descriptions. Instead of wracking your brain to come up with enticing words, you just provide some basic info about the property to ChatGPT, and it will generate a compelling description that's sure to catch the eye of potential buyers. 

    And if you're new to AI and ChatGPT, no worries It's super user-friendly. You just input your prompts and let the AI work. There are even tutorials and resources available to help you get started.

    So, instead of worrying about how AI might impact your future as an agent, embrace the possibilities it offers. It might just give you a competitive edge and make your life a whole lot easier.

    And hey, if you ever want to chat more about the wonders of AI in real estate, don't hesitate to slide into my DMs! 

    -Anthony

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.