Costar Vs Reonomy Vs Hiring VA - Not sure which approach we want to go

Costar Vs Reonomy Vs Hiring VA - Not sure which approach we want to go

Manhattan Beach, CA · Member since 2021 · 76 posts · 40 votes

Hi All,

We are looking for the most solid property owner record source there is. We had previously used Costar with our previous team, and I have been able to build my pipeline using Costar however I have found a lot of the owner records to be out of service or lead to a random company.

Our ideal 'prospect' is an individual owner.

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger to get Costar. But I have also looked into Reonomy as well as hiring a VA to look for owner numbers.

What do you think is the best option?

If you have hired a VA, how was your experience? Where did you find them and how did you train them? How much did you pay them?

0Reply
21 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Not sure if you are paying for that service now...and it offers different info probably, but are RPR or Remine an option for you?   Neither is great with phone numbers, but I've never really had an issue hunting people down.

    I'm guessing when you say use CoSTAR you're trying to find owners of commercial property? How often do you find an individual name as the owner? I would thnk 96% or more would be in LLC name? So then you have to reverse search the LLC and see if you can find real owner name, and then the phone. That is if they don't have an agent handling all the LLC correspondence to give them anonymity. In my world I don't find that much, but it makes it a tad more time consuming.

    I found my two VAs in Craigslist on a trip to Thailand.  Both are excellent.  Most people use VAs from the Philippines, but there are others from plenty of other countries.   You might could use a local high school student as well or someone in your area that wants WFH.  There are plenty of pros and cons of where you choose to pick from.
    . 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.