Looking to obtain by NJ Brokers License - Preparing for the test

Looking to obtain by NJ Brokers License - Preparing for the test

Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 8 votes

I am going to take the NJ Brokers' license test.  I am not finding much material online or a book to study from. Can anyone recommend any sites, courses, videos, or books to purchase so I can prepare for the test?

Thank you.

0Reply
11 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    So, you already have your NJ RE license? And you have taken the extra 150 hours required for the broker's license? Wherever you took your broker's class you should have ample study materials.

    If you are talking about your real estate agent's license in NJ (that is not a broker's license), you need to take the initial class at an accredited agency and they will give you all of the materials after you finish the 75 hours for the test.

  • Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

    So, you already have your NJ RE license? And you have taken the extra 150 hours required for the broker's license? Wherever you took your broker's class you should have ample study materials.

    If you are talking about your real estate agent's license in NJ (that is not a broker's license), you need to take the initial class at an accredited agency and they will give you all of the materials after you finish the 75 hours for the test.


    Coming over from NY as a broker (not agent).  I have a waiver on the 90 hours, and just taking the 60 hour courses.
  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Michael Chalke:
    Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

    So, you already have your NJ RE license? And you have taken the extra 150 hours required for the broker's license? Wherever you took your broker's class you should have ample study materials.

    If you are talking about your real estate agent's license in NJ (that is not a broker's license), you need to take the initial class at an accredited agency and they will give you all of the materials after you finish the 75 hours for the test.


    Coming over from NY as a broker (not agent).  I have a waiver on the 90 hours, and just taking the 60 hour courses.

    Oh ok. NCJAR has the 60 hours you need and as part of that, they will give you study material.

  • Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jonathan Greene:
    Quote from @Michael Chalke:
    Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

    So, you already have your NJ RE license? And you have taken the extra 150 hours required for the broker's license? Wherever you took your broker's class you should have ample study materials.

    If you are talking about your real estate agent's license in NJ (that is not a broker's license), you need to take the initial class at an accredited agency and they will give you all of the materials after you finish the 75 hours for the test.


    Coming over from NY as a broker (not agent).  I have a waiver on the 90 hours, and just taking the 60 hour courses.

    Oh ok. NCJAR has the 60 hours you need and as part of that, they will give you study material.


    I will check out their site.  Thank you.
  • Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    I'm hoping a NJ broker could help here.  I submitted all my paperwork for the NJ broker app a month ago (a week after I passed my test).  The contact at the DOBI stopped responding to my emails two weeks ago.  I left two voicemails, but I've yet to receive a response, and my check has not cleared. 

    Any ideas on what to do here?  I have no idea who I should reach out to for help, and I just do not understand how this person no longer responds to emails or returns phone calls.

    I hope someone can provide some guidance.  Thank you.

  • Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Shawn Mcenteer:

    Hi @Michael Chalke I will DM you a link that may be what you are looking for.


    Thank you.  DM responded to.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.