• Investor
  • Snohomish, WA
Votes |
Writing an offer on land with business and cabins - Questions for PSA

Zach Schwarzmiller
  • Investor
  • Snohomish, WA
Posted Apr 28 2014, 20:12

Hello Fellow Brokerage/Investors Community!

I am a commercial real estate broker in Washington State and very familiar with writing offers on investment real estate; however, I am writing an offer on a 50 acre farm in Washington State. The farm has two zoning designations with most of it being commercial timber and three non-conforming buildings as they were built before the zoning code existed. There is an operating business on the farm as well which I don't think has licenses or anything.

I am representing myself in the transaction and thinking to simultaneously submit two offers for the owner to choose whichever he prefers, the difference between the two is as follows:

1.All Cash, full price with subtracting my commission, Owner to assist me in replacing septic and well and pay 50% of the costs out of his pocket and carry a note for the remaining balance of the repairs for 2 years, 2 year amortization at 2% interest with monthly payments.

2.All Cash, $20,000 less than asking price, I purchase the property “As-Is” and deal with septic and well on my own.

As this is a lot of land, a few structures, etc – is there anything difference I should be aware of in this purchase and sale agreement that I wouldn’t do for a typical commercial building?

Thank You!

Loading replies...