GA Agent moving to Austin area looking to streamline TX license process

GA Agent moving to Austin area looking to streamline TX license process

Renae PittmanPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Hello!

I currently live and hold my agent license in Georgia. I am relocating to the Austin/Georgetown TX area, I heard I can apply for a "Qualifying Education Waiver" through TREC but I'm having trouble navigating it online. Does anyone have any advise on this topic and wouldn't mind helping me out? Do I need to take education courses or just pass the TX portion of the exam?

I appreciate your help!

1Reply
35 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Renae Pittman:

    Hello!

    I currently live and hold my agent license in Georgia. I am relocating to the Austin/Georgetown TX area, I heard I can apply for a "Qualifying Education Waiver" through TREC but I'm having trouble navigating it online. Does anyone have any advise on this topic and wouldn't mind helping me out? Do I need to take education courses or just pass the TX portion of the exam?

    I appreciate your help!

    Call TREC (512) 936-3000...and they will walk you through it.  If that doesn't work call Austin Board of Realtors.  You can probably meet most of the educational requirements with your previous education.  May have to take promulgated contracts or something like that so you learn the Texas contracts.  Probably just have to take the Texas exam not national.
  • Renae PittmanPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    11mo

    Thank you for the info!  TREC has been very helpful and responsive through email and I was able to submit a waiver--waiting on the ruling.  Thank you for the tip with the Austin Board of Realtors--nice to have that info in my back pocket. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.