Specialist · Dallas Fort Worth — Texas Cincinnati — Ohio Cleveland — Ohio Columbus — Ohio Jacksonville — Florida Atlanta — Georgia · Member since 2026 · 148 posts · 29 votes
How can a beginner bird dog find and qualify good quality investors agents that are very close to cash buyers? And also how can I make a good relationship with the agents because real estate agents don't like to do these kind of things normally.
How can a beginner bird dog find and qualify good quality investors agents that are very close to cash buyers? And also how can I make a good relationship with the agents because real estate agents don't like to do these kind of things normally.
You posted, "I am actually targeting investor agents because my target audience are real estate investors be it wholesalers, fix-and-flippers, Brrr investors, as long as they are investors I sell them leads to different properties based off of there buy box".
So, you want to sell leads to agents, that can then try to use the leads to sell properties?
Real Estate Broker · Des Moines, WA · Member since 2025 · 57 posts · 21 votes
4mo
As someone who works with investors across multiple markets, I've found that the best investor-friendly agents typically already have relationships with active investors, wholesalers, private lenders, contractors, and title companies.
If I were starting from scratch, I'd focus less on finding agents and more on finding active investors. Once you build relationships with investors, they'll often introduce you to the agents they trust.
For qualifying agents, I'd ask:
How many investor transactions have you closed in the past 12 months?
Do you work with flippers, landlords, or wholesalers?
Do you have off-market opportunities?
Can you analyze investment properties, not just retail homes?
The agents who answer those questions confidently are usually the ones worth building relationships with.
Curious to hear what strategies others have used successfully.
Mr Steve Garthe I want to actually use the agents to get to the investors, that is why I want to learn how to qualify an agent.
One thing I've noticed is that the best investor-friendly agents usually aren't the ones advertising themselves that way. They're the agents consistently helping investors close deals and solve problems. If you can identify active investors in your market and ask who they're using, you'll often find the same few names coming up repeatedly. Those relationships tend to be much more valuable than searching agent directories.
Out of curiosity, what market are you investing in?
Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2026 · 114 posts · 53 votes
4mo
A great place to start is by going to local real estate meetups and networking with investor-friendly agents. That’s where you’ll find people who are actually active and connected to real deals and buyers.
When you’re talking to agents, focus on asking the right questions—like if they work with investors, how many deals they’ve closed with cash buyers, and what kind of deals their clients are looking for. This helps you qualify who’s actually active versus just saying they are.
As for building relationships, lead with value. Agents are usually hesitant because most people bring them nothing but talk. If you can consistently bring solid opportunities, even if they’re small at first, you’ll stand out quickly. Be straightforward, respect their time, and don’t oversell deals—credibility is everything in this space.
Thanks for your reply but I am doing the business virtually in these target market Texas:Dallas Fort Worth (DFW),Ohio:CincinnatiClevelandColumbus, Florida:Jacksonville, Georgia:Atlanta and another market that there is high demand so how can I find the agents since it is a virtual business? And also are you an investment agent too?
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
4mo
I'd start by attending local REI meetups, Facebook investor groups, and landlord associations. You'll figure out which agents are focused in the investing space
When interviewing agents, ask:
• How many investor transactions have you closed in the last year?
• Do you regularly work with cash buyers, flippers, or investors?
• Can you help analyze rents, rehab costs, and potential returns?
As for building relationships, focus on being someone who follows through. Agents get approached all the time by people who say they're looking for deals but never take action. With that said make sure you are providing deals and value to the agent, good agents are busy.
Specialist · Dallas Fort Worth — Texas Cincinnati — Ohio Cleveland — Ohio Columbus — Ohio Jacksonville — Florida Atlanta — Georgia · Member since 2026 · 148 posts · 29 votes
4mo
@Caleb Brown@Minho Lee@Steve Garthe thank you all for your replies they are very helpful, but also since you people are real estate agents and a broker I wonder if you guys are open to connect because I will love to send valuable property deals to your clients if you people are open for it or if you guys could just give me a referral to one of your colleagues would be helpful too, but thank you all for your helpful replies once again I really appreciate it.
@Caleb Brown@Minho Lee@Steve Garthe thank you all for your replies they are very helpful, but also since you people are real estate agents and a broker I wonder if you guys are open to connect because I will love to send valuable property deals to your clients if you people are open for it or if you guys could just give me a referral to one of your colleagues would be helpful too, but thank you all for your helpful replies once again I really appreciate it.
Hi Clement,
I appreciate that. While I'm not an agent, I do work with real estate investors nationwide and help arrange financing for fix-and-flips, rental properties, ground-up construction projects, bridge loans, and DSCR loans.
I'm always open to connecting with professionals who bring quality opportunities to the table. Feel free to send me a message with more information about the types of properties and markets you're working in, and let's see if there's a potential fit.
How can a beginner bird dog find and qualify good quality investors agents that are very close to cash buyers? And also how can I make a good relationship with the agents because real estate agents don't like to do these kind of things normally.
Hello Clement,
Great advice on this thread from the other BP members and agents. I would ask agents the questions proposed here.
Keep in mind that many prospective wholesalers and bird dogs reach out to realtors regularly, but few have an actual plan or method.
I recommend that you clearly explain who you are and what you'll be doing.
To separate yourself, I'd recommend:
- being specific as to what type of owners you're targetting (i.e. absentee, probate, pre-foreclosure, etc.) - explain how you'll be generating leads and how often - highlight any systems, processess, and/or software that you'll be using (i.e. CRM, automations, etc.) - follow-up regularly. If you plan on sending/making 1-off messages/calls to agents, you'll have a tough time. Instead, devise a plan to follow-up with agents AND seller leads consistently to see real results
Specialist · Dallas Fort Worth — Texas Cincinnati — Ohio Cleveland — Ohio Columbus — Ohio Jacksonville — Florida Atlanta — Georgia · Member since 2026 · 148 posts · 29 votes
4mo
Thank you for your reply @Abel Curiel but I am actually targeting investor agents because my target audience are real estate investors be it wholesalers, fix-and-flippers, Brrr investors, as long as they are investors I sell them leads to different properties based off of there buy box
Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 92 posts · 38 votes
4mo
I'll echo what a few people have already mentioned and say that local investor meetups are a great way to find investor friendly agents. There always seems to be a handful of agents in the crowd every time I've attended an investor meetup. The more exposure you have around other investors, the more exposure you'll get to investor minded people in the real estate business in general, including agents, lenders, contractors, etc.
I am an investor-realtor here in Louisville, KY. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
I'll echo what a few people have already mentioned and say that local investor meetups are a great way to find investor friendly agents. There always seems to be a handful of agents in the crowd every time I've attended an investor meetup. The more exposure you have around other investors, the more exposure you'll get to investor minded people in the real estate business in general, including agents, lenders, contractors, etc.
I am an investor-realtor here in Louisville, KY. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Real Estate Broker · Nashville, TN · Member since 2022 · 163 posts · 87 votes
4mo
Clement, I run a brokerage in Nashville and work with investors on both the buy and sell side, so I will give you the broker perspective on this.
The agents who are great at dispo are the ones who already work with investors and understand the numbers. They are not the agents doing first time homebuyer tours on Saturday mornings. They are the ones who know what a cash buyer is actually looking for, can price a property based on ARV and rental income, and have a network of buyers ready to move.
Here is how I would find them in any market. Go to your local REIA meetings and ask who the active investor agents are. Check BP forums for agents posting in those markets who talk about investment deals not just retail sales. Look at who is listing rental properties and flips on the MLS because that tells you they already understand the investor world.
The relationship piece is key. Most agents avoid wholesaler dispo because the deals fall through constantly and the commissions are small compared to retail transactions. If you want an agent to take you seriously, bring them deals that are actually priced right with real numbers. Nothing kills an agent relationship faster than bringing them overpriced deals that sit.
One thing I will add from the PM side: the best investor agents I work with in Nashville also have property management relationships built in. They understand that a good PM makes the deal work long term, and they can connect their buyers with management before the deal even closes. That full service approach is what keeps investors coming back.
Clement, I run a brokerage in Nashville and work with investors on both the buy and sell side, so I will give you the broker perspective on this.
The agents who are great at dispo are the ones who already work with investors and understand the numbers. They are not the agents doing first time homebuyer tours on Saturday mornings. They are the ones who know what a cash buyer is actually looking for, can price a property based on ARV and rental income, and have a network of buyers ready to move.
Here is how I would find them in any market. Go to your local REIA meetings and ask who the active investor agents are. Check BP forums for agents posting in those markets who talk about investment deals not just retail sales. Look at who is listing rental properties and flips on the MLS because that tells you they already understand the investor world.
The relationship piece is key. Most agents avoid wholesaler dispo because the deals fall through constantly and the commissions are small compared to retail transactions. If you want an agent to take you seriously, bring them deals that are actually priced right with real numbers. Nothing kills an agent relationship faster than bringing them overpriced deals that sit.
One thing I will add from the PM side: the best investor agents I work with in Nashville also have property management relationships built in. They understand that a good PM makes the deal work long term, and they can connect their buyers with management before the deal even closes. That full service approach is what keeps investors coming back.
Thank you @Stephen Delahoussaye, and I don't know if you would allow me to connect with you and ask you some more questions sir? If that is fine by you.
How can a beginner bird dog find and qualify good quality investors agents that are very close to cash buyers? And also how can I make a good relationship with the agents because real estate agents don't like to do these kind of things normally.
You posted, "I am actually targeting investor agents because my target audience are real estate investors be it wholesalers, fix-and-flippers, Brrr investors, as long as they are investors I sell them leads to different properties based off of there buy box".
So, you want to sell leads to agents, that can then try to use the leads to sell properties?
How can a beginner bird dog find and qualify good quality investors agents that are very close to cash buyers? And also how can I make a good relationship with the agents because real estate agents don't like to do these kind of things normally.
You posted, "I am actually targeting investor agents because my target audience are real estate investors be it wholesalers, fix-and-flippers, Brrr investors, as long as they are investors I sell them leads to different properties based off of there buy box".
So, you want to sell leads to agents, that can then try to use the leads to sell properties?
@Drew Sygit more like the agents just shows it to there investor clients and if there clients are interested in the leads they can buy it from me and continue with there operations
How can a beginner bird dog find and qualify good quality investors agents that are very close to cash buyers? And also how can I make a good relationship with the agents because real estate agents don't like to do these kind of things normally.
You posted, "I am actually targeting investor agents because my target audience are real estate investors be it wholesalers, fix-and-flippers, Brrr investors, as long as they are investors I sell them leads to different properties based off of there buy box".
So, you want to sell leads to agents, that can then try to use the leads to sell properties?
@Drew Sygit more like the agents just shows it to there investor clients and if there clients are interested in the leads they can buy it from me and continue with there operations
You keep confusing me with your use of the word, "leads"!
Are you using "leads" to mean properties?
If so, who owns these properties and who has them under contract to sell?
How can a beginner bird dog find and qualify good quality investors agents that are very close to cash buyers? And also how can I make a good relationship with the agents because real estate agents don't like to do these kind of things normally.
You posted, "I am actually targeting investor agents because my target audience are real estate investors be it wholesalers, fix-and-flippers, Brrr investors, as long as they are investors I sell them leads to different properties based off of there buy box".
So, you want to sell leads to agents, that can then try to use the leads to sell properties?
@Drew Sygit more like the agents just shows it to there investor clients and if there clients are interested in the leads they can buy it from me and continue with there operations
You keep confusing me with your use of the word, "leads"!
Are you using "leads" to mean properties?
If so, who owns these properties and who has them under contract to sell?
Ok so how about I just use "info". Let me just say as a bird dog I find distressed properties and sell the address the owners contact to an investor for a finder's fee. And that finder's fee is paid on or before the closing date.
I also target wholesalers and other investors, do you want to connect with me so that we may discuss more? If you have a conned with my target audience it would be beneficial to me and also it will also be beneficial to you too.
I also target wholesalers and other investors, do you want to connect with me so that we may discuss more? If you have a conned with my target audience it would be beneficial to me and also it will also be beneficial to you too.