What to look for in a real estate company

What to look for in a real estate company

Rental Property Investor · Russellville, AR · Member since 2014 · 684 posts · 509 votes

I am considering getting my real estate license and I'm curious as to what I should be looking for when searching for a broker to work for.  I am unfamiliar with typical welcome packages or even costs that can be incurred when starting out.

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    12y

    Hi @Billy Daniel What are you looking to do with your license once you get it? 

    Personally, I got licensed primarily to help with my investing goals, so I was just looking for a place to hang my hat that won't charge me monthly fees. It happens to be that I got lucky, and stumbled upon a solid local/boutique firm in the northeast with a strong support network, and reputation in the area. If you have similar goals (self starter, and need some help for marketing expertise), then maybe you can find a boutique broker that knows the area and won't charge you a monthly fee.

    You can also call some of the agents directly (you can find their numbers on the website) and ask what they like/don't like about their brokers.

    Best of luck.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Dania, FL · Member since 2013 · 148 posts · 34 votes
    12y

    It all depends on what you are looking for and how big you want to take your real estate career. If you are just looking to do a deal here and there for yourself and family,  go with the company offering the highest split with no fees.. If you want to make it a profession and do it full-time, go with a franchise and take advantage of all their in house services and educational classes. 

    Good Luck!

  • London, London · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Hi Billy!

    Are you willing to work on your own or you want to work under a company? 'Cause the process of stepping ahead is different from each other.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.