Florida Real Estate License

Florida Real Estate License

Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes

Does anyone have advice on where to take the Florida agent course/exam?  I am in the Orlando area.  

0Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 9 votes
8y

Anyone who is looking for the best Florida real estate school to get your Florida real estate license should check out Rowlett Real Estate School. They have a new REcampus fully narrated video course and the text base course as well.  They also give you extra study material for free to help you pass the end of course final exam and the state exam which includes all the math problems you will encounter on the exam as well.  The real estate math study material has the step by step solutions and explanations.  They also have a online video library and study center called classmadeeasy.com  where you can study for your state exam for free.  http://www.rowlettrealestateschool.com   

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    Gold coast is the most popular and I used them.  I recommend a live classroom course, as you will learn more real world stuff, as you can ask questions, and make some contacts.

  • Mark SeverinoPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    i am looking into the same thing and what I have come up with:

    online - http://rowlettonlinerealestateschool.com

    classroom - Bob Hogue School of Real Estate 

  • Levi BennettPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 285 posts · 248 votes
    12y

    I loved Floridas Best Real Estate School near the Florida mall.. they guy was engaging, funny, easy to understand.. they teach the class based on the state exam, NOT the class exam (big difference).. $300 is pretty reasonable. I passed the state on my first try. Also.. you can RE-ATTEND the class as much as you want, ask as many questions as you want etc after you've paid for the class once. It includes the book. 

    He's been teaching for a LONG time, and is also an active broker.. so he's well versed on the market. 

  • Melbourne, FL · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Just curious which one you ended up deciding on?  I'm currently working through the online 63 hr. Pre-Sales one at http://rowlettonlinerealestateschool.com

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 270 posts · 40 votes
    12y

    Just signed up to take the course at the Climber Real Estate school, i know he used to be a member. Good luck

  • Melbourne, FL · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Ceasar Blackman I thought about Climer too, their YouTube videos are really great for quick understanding of the "real estate math".

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    I went with Ed Klopfer schools. They have a few different locations. I also obtained some CD's that were Q&A and I found those helpful in prepping for the test. Once you get your initial license you must take another course (if I recall correctly it is 45 hours) within a certain time frame (I believe one year). After that, there is a requirement for 14 hours continuing education every two years.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes
    12y

    Ive yet to make a decision, I havent had a second to look into any of the schools.  My mother in law is going through Watson realty.  I would go through them but they dont have any other classes until November.   There are so many online courses and schools, I had hoped to go to one in person, like Wayne had mentioned.

  • Investor · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2014 · 246 posts · 89 votes
    12y

    took class at The Real Estate School. If you require a classroom setting- then this would be sufficient....HOWEVER  only half of book is taught and it took me reading it a few years later to realize that I had missed a lot of information.

    Will they aid you in passing the class state exam? yes

    Can you do it on your own via online couse? yes

    I would choose the latter. Read the book cover and understand it regardless of which route you choose.

    Sebastian

  • Real Estate Investor · Maitland, FL · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Lauren R how's the course so far? I'm considering taking this course as well

  • Melbourne, FL · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Aurelia B.  It's not bad, thanks for asking!  Just have to be disciplined to get through the material by yourself :) which reminds me, I need to get back to it ... lol.

    I also bought an audio book (Florida Sales Associate Prelicensing Key Point Review) to listen to on the go to to refresh myself on all the chapters.  I'm also considering getting the full book too like @Sebastian Baker recommended.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 270 posts · 40 votes
    12y

    @Lauren R. did you end up going with climber ? I am starting sep 15th for the 6 day class. Sounds short but i got the book ahead of time and i will be done with itbefore i start the class and I'm planning on jumping right to test asap. 

  • Melbourne, FL · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Ceasar Blackman no, I'm doing Rowlett online.  Sounds like a good plan you have to get the test done while the material is fresh in your mind.  Best of luck to you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    This is a bit of a old thread I found but I have a question. 

    Does anyone have any recommendation on taking the online class?  

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    I liked the classroom setting if I really didnt understand a question, we could have asked the teacher or discussed as a class.  If it were online, you could probably get any answer you needed here... but I felt a little more at ease with the teacher close by.  Id recommend in person classes.  Could make some connections there as well.

  • Melbourne, FL · Member since 2014 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    It takes quite a bit of self motivation to get through the education material doing it online, but I could do it at my own pace, when I had time and it let me go back through the material where/when I needed if I wanted to re-review something.  I think I could have even called/emailed an instructor at the school if I needed to talk to a real person.  The school i went with offered both online and in person options.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    thanks for the input.  My situation is different.  I have not moved to Florida yet.  I wanted to do the class before the move.  My intention is to study all the way up to the move and once I move then take the test.

  • Investor · Longwood, FL · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    @Patrick Jacques Which school did you end up going to?  Did you take the test?  If so, did you pass?

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    I took the course through Stewart School of Real Estate, which was a local broker teaching the course.  I loved the teacher, passed the test, and am signing on with Coldwell Banker in a few days!  Not sure how anyone else feels, but I feel the class could have been more beneficial to learning the real estate profession a little better.  It felt like I was just studying terms and obscure vocabulary words.   

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes
    11y
  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    I read something interesting.  In order to take the RE license test.  I will need to be a Florida resident no less than 4 months.  This is going to take a different approach than what I have planned.

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    https://www.realestateexpress.com/prelicense/FL/pr...

    only $129 excellent online school 

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    https://www.realestateexpress.com/prelicense/FL/pr...

    only $129 excellent online school 

     Thanks Steve,  that is my intentions of doing the online class.  I still need to get in touch with a official and confirm that I need to live in Florida the total of 4 months before I can take the test for my license. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    You do not have to be a Florida resident or U.S. citizen to obtain a Florida real estate

     license

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    Yes I called and found that out today.  Which is good for me to get everything done before making the big move.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.