Florida Real Estate License

Florida Real Estate License

Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes

Does anyone have advice on where to take the Florida agent course/exam?  I am in the Orlando area.  

0Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 9 votes
8y

Anyone who is looking for the best Florida real estate school to get your Florida real estate license should check out Rowlett Real Estate School. They have a new REcampus fully narrated video course and the text base course as well.  They also give you extra study material for free to help you pass the end of course final exam and the state exam which includes all the math problems you will encounter on the exam as well.  The real estate math study material has the step by step solutions and explanations.  They also have a online video library and study center called classmadeeasy.com  where you can study for your state exam for free.  http://www.rowlettrealestateschool.com   

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Paris, Ile de France · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Are you sure that you dont have to be a US citizen to pass the exam ?

    I'm europpean and I read everywhere that to attend to this exam, one must provide a valid SS number which obv I dont have since I'm a foreigner.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Angelo Angelo:

    Are you sure that you dont have to be a US citizen to pass the exam ?

    I'm europpean and I read everywhere that to attend to this exam, one must provide a valid SS number which obv I dont have since I'm a foreigner.

     I think you need to at least have your green card.  You do have to live in Florida for 4 months before you can sell.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    If you haven't yet, check out Ed Klopfer. They have locations at various places throughout the state. As far as the education, there is so much to learn and little time to do it when studying for the test. Helping you pass it is their main focus. Once you get licensed, there are lots of classes you can take at your board to continue your education. BTW, when you pass, the state deems you to have "minimal competence"! In other words...the license is just the beginning. You will find RE to be a very rewarding career.

  • Paris, Ile de France · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Brian, John, thanks to both of you for your answers.

    John, I'm gonna check out Ed Klopfer. You're saying to me that if interested they could sponsor me ?

    Btw, I'm already a real estate salesman in my country (for 7 years).

  • Paris, Ile de France · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    My bad John, I thought that Ed. K was a RE agency. I see they 'just' provide the pre exam licence. But as I told previously, to pass the exam in FL (and in any other US state) you have to have a valid US SS number which obv I dont have.. :(

  • Involved In Real Estate · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I took my course through Climer School of Real Estate.  Ron Climer was a great teacher, he even has review video, to help you as your study for the exam.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I took my course through Climer School of Real Estate.  Ron Climer was a great teacher, he even has review video, to help you as your study for the exam. I passed the first time.

  • Realtor · Celebration, FL · Member since 2013 · 109 posts · 34 votes
    11y

    @Patrick Jacques

    I recommend CFREC.com.  The CFREC school is located near the Millenia Mall.  Carol provides you with all of the information that you will need to pass the state exam.  If I had taken the class online then I would have completely skipped over points that I thought was of lesser importance...for example, you must notify the DBPR within 10 days if you move within the state.  

    That seems like irrelevant information.  However, that is a question that will probably be on most exams.  If Carol had not informed me of the important points to prep for the exam, then I would have just focused on the law and math (because I would have assumed that was the highest importance).

    And CFREC is only a 5 day course which is great if you are very busy and don't have a lot of time to sit in a classroom.

    Keep in mind that no matter what school you choose, it will require a lot or reading and memorization.  

  • Specialist · Clermont, FL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    Hi everyone. I have narrowed it to CFREC and RealEstateExpress.com. I like the fact that with CFREC I can take the class in one week. But I don't see the cram session like some of the other schools offer. On the other hand, RealEstateExpress.com is more affordable and I can do the class online. The draw back is I don't have that classroom experience where I can ask an instructor to clarify if I don't understand something.

    Is anyone else going to take the class with either of these providers, and is anyone out there interested in forming a study group? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    I am taking the online real estate express.  With as much information that is giving each unit.  I don't see how anyone could learn the material in 1 or 2 weeks of classroom.  I am having a hard time keeping all the laws in order and that is just the 6 units I have read.

  • Specialist · Clermont, FL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    OK I took the plunge. I'm taking the class online at Real Estate Express and I signed up for the Weekend Cram Session with CRES. REE ensured me that I am assigned an instructor and can reach out to the instructor when I encounter something that gives me pause.

    For better or worse, I'm jumping in, ready to start fresh. If anyone is in the Metro Orlando/Kissimmee area and wants to do study groups, let me know.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    I would love to hear your results Adrienna.  I am still studying real estate express class. 

  • Tonawanda, NY · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Brian Johnson:

    I would love to hear your results Adrienna.  I am still studying real estate express class. 

    I took the real estate express florida broker exam. It was hard but a lot of it was general knowledge, it was more in the way they worded the questions that can trick you up. I would assume the salesperson exam is the same way.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    so as a salesperson aspect.  Are all the laws and regulations on the test? 

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    What is the cheapest school to go to, in person and online?How much is the real estate license?Thats alot of ongoing education, also. 

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    If I can afford to get into a program, I would join a study group. I live about five miles from the Florida Mall.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oldsmar, FL · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 61 votes
    11y

    So much information to remember.  I hope the multiple choose questions are very direct and not so much trick questions.  The tests at end of each unit are pretty tricky.  I would love to find a web site that has some examples of questions that are in the Florida Exam. 

  • Specialist · Clermont, FL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    Kevin it was a lot when I started. I eagerly read through the material once then tried to do the quiz. The wording tripped me up which means it's not hard, but I need to slow down and READ the material for comprehension, not memorization. I know a lot of people tell you there's a lot of memorization. But for me, I need context. I have to know the WHY so it makes sense to me. A friend said I was overthinking it. LOL  Hey I'm OK with that. I want to pass my class and the exam. I can't wait util the review class this weekend.

    Brian, I will let you know how it goes. 

    And I'm still looking to do a study group. I'm closest (driving distance) to Clermont, Davenport, Celebration, Winter Garden, Kissimmee, Dr. Phillips/Sand Lake, Downtown Disney area. So if anyone wants to meet up in any of these areas, I'm game. 

  • Investor · Howey in the Hills, FL · Member since 2013 · 376 posts · 114 votes
    11y

    I took all of my classes at IFREC. No complaints.

  • Specialist · Clermont, FL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    @Patrick Jaques I went to the Review class this past Saturday (even though I haven't yet finished the online class). It was great. it helped me to connect the dots on the material I studied up to this point. It really helped identify what will likely be on the exam, but it also gave me a chance to learn techniques for remembering certain scenarios. The instructor said to put real people in the scenarios. I'l tell you, when I opened up the course again today and used that technique, it made things clearer for me. I'm half way through the online course. I keep my notes handy from the review class. I'm shooting to take the exam no later than two weeks from today. I want to give myself this week to finish and next week to hard core review.

  • Specialist · Clermont, FL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 35 votes
    11y

    There seems to be a glitch or something going on with the site. Sorry for the double post. 

    One more call for a study group. Anyone interested? I'm open to it in a mutual location.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 152 posts · 54 votes
    11y

    @Adrienne G.

      I got so hung up on the exact wording from my study guides, that when I saw the same question simply re-worded... it confused me!  So the fundamentals are key.  The questions are definitely meant to challenge you, and there are two logical and two silly answers to every question.  I went back through and re-checked the whole test twice.  

    You'll do great!

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    Anyone who is looking for the best Florida real estate school to get your Florida real estate license should check out Rowlett Real Estate School. They have a new REcampus fully narrated video course and the text base course as well.  They also give you extra study material for free to help you pass the end of course final exam and the state exam which includes all the math problems you will encounter on the exam as well.  The real estate math study material has the step by step solutions and explanations.  They also have a online video library and study center called classmadeeasy.com  where you can study for your state exam for free.  http://www.rowlettrealestateschool.com   

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 9 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Mark Severino:

    i am looking into the same thing and what I have come up with:

    online - http://rowlettrealestateschool.com

    classroom - Bob Hogue School of Real Estate 

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 9 votes
    8y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.