Best way to cheaply hold license in Chicago area?

Best way to cheaply hold license in Chicago area?

Villa Park, IL · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 5 votes
Hello all, I recently passed my state + national exam and am now looking to hang my license with a managing broker in the near western suburbs of Chicago. I have seen and spoken with a couple of the bare bones 100% commission companies and am probably going to go with one of those unless there is a strong reason not to. Has anyone had good experiences with any if these outfits? If so, which? What sort if roadblocks did you encounter? I am not going to be very active; 2-5 deals per year, all with my own money and all on the but side for now. Thanks for any help!
0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · El Paso, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
12y

Hey @Matt Galas 

I joined Exit Realty because of the potential there is to be had with the sponsorship program.  Not to mention the retirement that the company offers.  Inbox me if you would like more information. Best of luck to you!

Gabriel

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Naperville, IL · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Hi Matt,

    Congrats on passing your exam! I recently passed mine as well and hung my license with Keller Williams. They are not 100% commission like some of the others, but I chose them for educational purposes. I knew they would be able to teach/offer me the most as a newbie. To me, the split is worth it because of the knowledge I will gain for the long run. Everyone there is always willing to help in any way they can (which I've heard from seasoned brokers, that is not normally the case). Because of the comraderie at KW networking has been huge as well. 

    Hope this gives you some insight, let me know if you have any more questions or if I can help you in any way, thanks!

  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2008 · 153 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    @Matt Galas I recently joined United Real Estate - Chicago.  They are 100% commission and based in Oak Brook.  Very friendly and helpful people.  If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

  • Investor · NW Indiana · Member since 2012 · 833 posts · 197 votes
    12y

    Hi @Josh Bryan Does United Real Estate have any office fees or any other fees specific to them, besides the normal fees that every realtor has to pay?

  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2008 · 153 posts · 20 votes
    12y

    @Carolina E. They charge $65/month and $295 per transaction. You keep the full the commission.

  • Investor & Attorney · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    @Matt Galas I was in the exact same position as you when I passed a few weeks ago...just doing a few deals per year for myself. After doing my research on sponsoring brokers, I went with ARNI Realtors in Des Plaines. It is $25/month and $195 per transaction. All the info is on the website. I thought the managing broker was very helpful, took his time to explain things, and did everything on the up and up. Just felt comfortable with him. I've already had a few questions and he's been very responsive.

  • The Real Estate Guy · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Exit Realty Redefined in Wheaton is amazing. Best brokerage I've been with. I encourage every licensee to check it out here.

  • Villa Park, IL · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Derek Martin Thanks that is exactly what I am looking for.

    @Josh Bryan 

  • Villa Park, IL · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Sorry hit submit on accident.  is there no way to edit posts?

    @Josh Bryan and @Carolina E I haven't actually spoken to United Online but from their materials online I thought is was $50/month.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · El Paso, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Hey @Matt Galas 

    I joined Exit Realty because of the potential there is to be had with the sponsorship program.  Not to mention the retirement that the company offers.  Inbox me if you would like more information. Best of luck to you!

    Gabriel

  • Bear, DE · Member since 2014 · 178 posts · 65 votes
    12y
    Some states you can work as a referral agent. If you want to be active interview brokerages to compare commission structures, desk fees, office fees, etc Then make a decision. Good luck!
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi @Matt Galas, I saw this post and wasn't sure where you currently are in your real estate journey.  I wanted to suggest Real People Realty, they are a 100% Commission Brokerage of about 550 agents in Chicagoland. They provide you with the tools, training and technology to pave your path to success! Best of luck! 

    Best,

    Mike

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.