New Marketing Ideas?

New Marketing Ideas?

Residential Real Estate Agent · Holladay, UT · Member since 2008 · 3 posts · 1 vote

What are some unique marketing strategies being used to get more listings, or sell the listings you have?

1Reply
21 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I have been using direct e-mail to get the word out on properties which has worked really well.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Holladay, UT · Member since 2008 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    I've seen a few ads for different email marketing ideas like that. Are you using the eflyers that you pay for each time you send an email. Or did you purchase a list of emails somewhere?

  • Real Estate Investor · Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I bought a database list from realestatecontactlist.com. There are lots of companies out there that sell them so you should just research them and see what is best. That was the best one I found.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Holladay, UT · Member since 2008 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    18y
    Originally posted by "JV":
    I bought a database list from realestatecontactlist.com. There are lots of companies out there that sell them so you should just research them and see what is best. That was the best one I found.

    I spent some time researching a few of these companies, and I agree, it seems like this is the best one. The price is right and they seem legit, i'm glad it is working out for you. I may have more questions after I start sending out the emails. Thanks.

    Also, I was thinking that this could be a great tool for getting more listings. I don't think many agents are offering a service like this to their sellers.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Manasquan, NJ · Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    I actually tried direct email to about 5000 people but never got a single response. How many people do you direct email at one time? Did you sort by geography or some other criteria?

  • Realtor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2008 · 33 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I do color post cards with pictures, and color brochures to help sell listings. I send them to potential sellers as well as examples of what I will do for them. It seems to help when they know you are actually doing more than putting it on the multi list and waiting for the fish to bite.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Southgate, MI · Member since 2008 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    18y

    I've got this KILLER strategy that is working like a charm.

    Our boss said that here in Detroit, if you want to get an offer in a reasonable amount of time (30-45 days) then you need to price the home 10-15% less than current comps.

    So if the house next door (same floor plan, same everything) sold for $245,000 yesterday (after being on the market 18 months) then you price yours at $208,250 from day 1.

    Then you make the seller sign an agreement that you will automatically reduce the price by $10,000 every Friday until the house is under contract.

    I've followed his advice and it's working GREAT! I have the highest List-to-Pending ratio of anyone in our board. 90%

    Of the ones that I get under contarct, 90% of those actually close too!

  • Real Estate Consultant · AL · Member since 2008 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    18y

    Do you have a blog? Are you sending out mail? Farming? Following up with past clients? There's a lot to do for marketing - it's all a matter of getting out and doing it!

    Good luck!

  • Pleasant Hill, CA · Member since 2008 · 428 posts · 43 votes
    17y

    Email and the internet are great. Almost everyone is online and the cost is, well free. You should get some good software and learn to use it and build your lists.

    I talk about some great software at http://budurl.com/BPBlog311 you should do some research and find what fits you best.

  • Real Estate Investor · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 268 posts · 89 votes
    17y

    I use greeting cards. I take a picture of a FSBO and send it to them in form of a GREETING CARD. I will place SOLD on the front. It gets a call. I get appointment. After appointment I send thank you greeting cards with brownies or cookies.

    Just a thought.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.