how do you find a investor-agent friendly broker to work under?

how do you find a investor-agent friendly broker to work under?

Cleveland · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes

I'm planning to get my RE agent license for the sole purpose of wholsaling in Ohio.  How do I go about finding a broker that is "investor-agent" friendly?

0Reply
3 views

Most Popular Reply

Professional · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2010 · 79 posts · 47 votes
11y

Note, I'm from Maryland, but Most brokers nowadays are okay with agents investing and being wholesalers. It's just a matter of wording what you are talking about correctly and following the procedures the broker has in place.

"I'm looking to be a listing agent with a emphasis on investments. In addition to helping buyers and sellers, on the side I will occasionally be assigning contracts for profit and working with investors.  Is that a problem?"

That is the kind of language you use on the Interviews with your broker and watch how they respond.

Look up someone named "Karl Krentzel" and his blog tenminuteskill. He really is the best and probably only guy I know of specializing in the "Agent/Investor" area of the business.

Hope that helps,

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Dallas TX, United States · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Go to your local REIA club and find a broker who also invests, or see where the other agents hang their shingle What part of Ohio are you in?

  • Professional · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2010 · 79 posts · 47 votes
    11y

    Note, I'm from Maryland, but Most brokers nowadays are okay with agents investing and being wholesalers. It's just a matter of wording what you are talking about correctly and following the procedures the broker has in place.

    "I'm looking to be a listing agent with a emphasis on investments. In addition to helping buyers and sellers, on the side I will occasionally be assigning contracts for profit and working with investors.  Is that a problem?"

    That is the kind of language you use on the Interviews with your broker and watch how they respond.

    Look up someone named "Karl Krentzel" and his blog tenminuteskill. He really is the best and probably only guy I know of specializing in the "Agent/Investor" area of the business.

    Hope that helps,

  • Cleveland · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Josh, I'll be in the greater Cincinnati/Dayton area.

    that does help. Thanks Jerome.

  • Real Estate Broker · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2012 · 410 posts · 337 votes
    11y

    Great question Mike!  

    Unfortunately, to answer this question completely as it deserves, there isn't enough space on this post!  Feel free to PM me however, and I can share a few ideas with you!

    Have A Powerful Sales Day!!

  • Cleveland · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Karl, Thanks  I saw the article you posted in my WLO Facebook forum post and I'll be sure to put the info to good use.   I'll share it here in case other's come across this post.

    https://tenminuteskill.wordpress.com/2014/07/04/ho...

    Thanks again 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.